Smuttynose Brewery Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
So the thread about Smuttynose arriving in Georgia reminded me to post my pictures from the brewery tour. SWMBO is from New Hampshire and we were up there for our wedding. SWMBO, my buddy, and I stopped by for the tour.

This is really the kind of tour that I like. You walk in and it is obviously the employee break room, you have to walk through the desk areas to get to the bathroom, etc. Grabbed a couple samples while we were waiting on others to join for the tour. They are pretty close to the Redhook brewery and the Redhook tour is right before the Smuttynose tour. We went to Redhook and then straight over to Smuttynose, I though more of the people from Redhook would be there too. Their loss.

The tour wasn't given by a brewer but one of their marketing people.
View from the back of the brewery:
100_3026.jpg

Mash tun and boil kettle, I guess the rat is a mascot.
100_3007.jpg

100_3009.jpg

Conditioning tanks, apparently one of these exploded a couple years back:
100_3015.jpg

Blow-offs. This was August, they were brewing the first batches of their pumpkin beers. You could smell the spices.
100_3018.jpg

100_3019.jpg

Bottling line. Vintage for sure.
100_3024.jpg

This was back out in the break room. They do not want it near the other beers. It has bugs in it. I hope I get to try some when it is done.
100_3028.jpg

Back