Northern Brewer Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantputt87

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed Northern Brewer's shipping prices going up just a little bit everytime you order?? I've ordered the same thing the last three times and each time my shipping has gone up around 9 cents per order. Its not a big deal it may have something to do with inflation but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed?

Just to chime in, i have not noticed the increase, but i don't order more than a couple times a month. I have however noticed the shipping speed is incredible without the flat rate. 3 times now i've ordered something and have gotten it either the next day or within 2 days.

We pass through UPS rates. UPS changes the fuel surcharge each week, and it's based on market prices for fuel. So... if the price of fuel is going up, so are the UPS rates. FYI.

I'm very glad you've noticed the improved service! We've been working very hard at that!

It was a little more,but fast as hell. Always packaged very well. compared the price of 2 day shipping? Its a great deal. You get standard shipping as fast at a fraction of a fast 2 day shipping. They quit their flat rate deal,but they still have a good deal considering shipping,and they probably have the best shipping prices anywhere,comparably.

Just placed an other with NB and it came out just a little over $16 for 25lbs shipped to the east coast. Slightly more expensive than last time, but that's inflation at work.

If you go to multiple sites and order the same items the totals always come out within a couple dollars of each other with shipping costs. The selection, service, and speed of shipment is what seals the deal for me.

Back