Need some encouragement,please...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinwollmann

Reaction score
I'm going to try to brew some GOOD BEER again this weekend.After brewing 20 or so 5ga. batches of damn good ale over the last year or so,I've hit a wall.My last 3 or 4 brews just don't taste the same and aren't drinkable,so I'm getting a little pissed off!I'm not going to get into too many details because I've asked and tried just about everything in the book and on this forum,and still no good results.I just need a few high fives or something because I'm no quitter and I'm not going to give up.I'm just getting a little mad because of the wasted time and money of course,and no beer!

I WILL BREW GOOD BEER AGAIN!!!

Sorry, I'm a bit P.Oed as any brewer can imagine.

colinwollmann said:
I'm going to try to brew some GOOD BEER again this weekend.After brewing 20 or so 5ga. batches of damn good ale over the last year or so,I've hit a wall.My last 3 or 4 brews just don't taste the same and aren't drinkable,so I'm getting a little pissed off!I'm not going to get into too many details because I've asked and tried just about everything in the book and on this forum,and still no good results.I just need a few high fives or something because I'm no quitter and I'm not going to give up.I'm just getting a little mad because of the wasted time and money of course,and no beer!

I WILL BREW GOOD BEER AGAIN!!!

Sorry, I'm a bit P.Oed as any brewer can imagine.

:tank: I feel your pain. Here's to a successful brew session. Did anyone suggest trying to make smaller batches and try to narrow down the cause of the problem? That might save you some cash.

I had the same problem. It's seems like I'm always fighting against some sort obstacle to the perfect beer. Right now its temperature. Its 103 outside and expensive to keep my house below 80. Just keep learning and keep brewing.

colinwollmann said:
You guys serious ,man I never thought of that.I'll see if I can find a new one.thanks

Yep, plastic buckets are easily scratched and over time may harbor bacteria that sanitizing doesn't eliminate. I'd say your first step is to get a new bucket and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back