West Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinifan

Reaction score
Anyone in the Western 'burbs? I'm in Glen Ellyn and intersted in finding another home brewer to trade beers with. Anyone interested?

I'm in Lisle... not much stock to trade with yet, but I wouldn't mind feedback in a group setting sometime...

I'm in naperville, i'd definetly be up for trading some beers and sharing some recipes. I'm not at the point of creating recipes yet, but here's a list of what i have for trade:

Right now,
IBA, (a hopped up version of morebeers malty brown),
northern brewers belgian number 8,
midwests bourbon barrel strong ale

up and coming are,
morebeers scotch ale,
northern brewers dopplebock (wont be ready for a while),
morebeers columbus ipa,

Edit:
I don't know if anybody is looking to trade equipment but i have a brewers best immersion chiller, and will soon have an extra DIY immersion chiller from Bobby M's thread. I'm trying to find a 15 gallon pot with a valve and a pump.

Brad,

I'm in Naperville and would be interested in your extra immersion chiller once your new one is online. I don't have anything to trade but will buy it.

I'd be happy to trade with anyone out there. There are lots of places to meet locally for an exchange. Here's what I have in large and small bottles: Irish Red, Scottish Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Xmas Ale (w/10% apple cider) and a Hefeweissen. My Dunkel is a few weeks from being bottled.

I would be interested as well - especially in a critique of my stout, I'm not entirely sure what I did to it, but I'm pretty sure now that the recipe is 'off'

I'm brewing an English Brown Ale soon, so I'd probably be able to trade that in a few weeks - if people wanted to let it sit.

Anyone coming to Dark Lord Day?

Check out Knaves.org, a local club. They'll have a bunch of stuff you can try at the meetings in winfield.

I'd offer my homebrew, but it's generally pretty horrible.

Just saw this, I'm in Bartlett and wouldn't mind trading a bottle, I only have bottled right now.

I live up in Fox Lake, but grew up in West Chicago and come visit my parents every once in a while. I would like to try some other homebrews and see what people think about mine! So I guess if it's in Lake or Dupage, I'm game!

My beer turned out like $*** it has than butterscotch taste, it didn't have that taste before it was bottled. So I think I got to much oxygen in at bottleing time.

So I won't be sharing it any time soon but ill try some one elses : -)

I don't have anything bottled quite yet, but I wil in a few weeks. I'd be interested in getting some feedback on some beers and possibly learning a thing or two. I'm in Romeoville.

I'm in St. Charles and would love to trade some brews / recipies. I just brewed up a english barleywine and an ESB on Labor day with my brother. I'm also part of the Knaves club. Let me know if you guys plan a meeting.

Back