How to decide what taps to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
So I have a new kegerator and currently using 2 stock taps. I want to get some new ones and I dont know what to get. I dont favor any specific brewery and dont want to use any sports team.

Suggestions?

I suggest some of the fine vendors of taphandles right here on HBT :)

I specialize in exotic woods, and Spitfire does some beautiful acrylic ones. He hasn't been active in a month but you may be able to raise him via PM.

Check out my sig links if you'd like to see my work.

-Joe

I did see your sales threads but I think I would want something more exotic looking in terms of shape.

!BfUdp7!BGk~$(KGrHqQH-CYErgO,9T0!BL!)U6(PjQ~~_12.JPG

What do you think of these 2?

classic, actually.

I made one out of an old microphone, one out of a mickey mouse statue, and the next one is going to be a plastic dragon from a thrift store. Threads on a tap are 3/8"-16. Rock on with whatever you can get.

As for faucets, I use perlicks.

B

classic, actually.

I made one out of an old microphone, one out of a mickey mouse statue, and the next one is going to be a plastic dragon from a thrift store. Threads on a tap are 3/8"-16. Rock on with whatever you can get.

As for faucets, I use perlicks.

B

Those are sweet, dude.:mug:
IMG_02731.jpg

I'm using an oak tee which I turned on my lathe and a golf ball glued in place. Yeah, the tee's too big. It has to be in order to hold the threaded insert.

Crappy picture from my phone; sorry.
taphandle.jpg

Back