MidWest HopHead Double IPA "Time Frame" ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacker

Reaction score
MidWest HopHead Double IPA "Time Frame" ?

We've brewed 8-10 MidWest kits till now following all the directions with good turn outs. But, this box lists the longest time till ready so far: 3 months.

Reading the directions over and over again their time frames don't add up to 3 months. What's the thought's on time for primary, secondary and WHEN to add the last two dry ounces of hops to the secondary?

Thanks very much for any help, thoughts, ideas, etc. Greg & Patty :mug:

hop-head-double-ipa_4.jpg

Ferment in the primary until final gravity is reached. Throw hops in primary and bottle 5-7 days later. Drink after at least 3 weeks.

I would probably ferment it for 3 weeks then throw in hops in the primary and bottle a week later.

Don't follow the timeline they give you or even the second one I gave you. It's done when it's done.

I agree with logan.

But I left in primary 2 weeks. Secondary and dry hop 2 weeks. Bottle condition for 2 weeks.

After 3 weeks in bottle was when it was best though. That was my experience with it. I brewed it back in june and just finished my last bottle 2 weeks ago. No flavor or aroma loss. Good luck

I've done the AG version 3 weeks in the primary and 1 week in the keg and it was very good. Planning on doing this again.
It did get a bit better after 2 weeks then started to loose a tad bit of the aroma after that.
My friends loved it.

I know some people say you shouldn't dry hop for more than a week because you will start to get a grassy flavor.

Back