Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicky035

Reaction score
Must state outfront, I am very much a rookie when it comes to this craft. I am currently in Fayetteville, NC and have spent the past couple of days searching for a "close" homebrew club. To my surprise there is none.

Would anyone be interested in starting a homebrew club in Fayetteville with me. I am confident it would be a strong club, just need to break the water. Ill wait for some feedback.

Thanks for the support. I know there has to be some hiding around here somewhere. One person has contacted me so far......the hunt continues....haha

There is one in Aberdeen, at Railhouse Brewery. I would be interested, I live close to Fayetteville.

Yeah, and I think Raleigh has a good one going as well. But with the size of Fayetteville, I would think we could start one locally. Im counting on you.....so now we have two! Well, three counting myself.

I will be moving to the area this summer and would be interested in helping get a homebrew club started. I'll be bringing a case of Hopslam and some other brews from up North with me!

Thread died, trying to bring it back!

If you are interested in this, send me a message and lets get this going.

Hey, I am interested in getting involved with this club. Have you been able to get anything started? I just moved here from SA Texas and brew clubs are a great way to share lessons learned and good homebrew! Send me your number in a PM and I will give you a call!

Brian

Moved to Fayetteville a few weeks ago. New to brewing. Please let me know if you guys decide to get somthing started. I'm in!

I'm brewing two 5 gallon batches and racking 15 gallons to secondaries this weekend if anyone is interested. Don't have much home brew left in kegs but would be more than glad to bs and share some brews while brewing. I have a family, so if you r interested and the wife and kids want to tag along, that is cool too. Otherwise, mine will be employed brewing and dish washing, LOL...

It looks like I'm relocating to Fayetteville from St. Louis and would love to talk to some people about putting together a brew club.

Is it safe to assume that everyone responding to this thread is still interested?

I will be retiring there this summer. Picked up the hobby again once I returned from overseas. This was suppose to be a way for me to decrease the cost of my beer taste, but has been slowly getting out of hand! ;) Would love to get together with other brewers in the area once I get settled in. Does anyone know if there is a LHBS or will I have to go to Raleigh?

There is a place called grapes and hops but they really don't carry much of anything as far as supplies. Anything that may expire, they won't stock. And their equipment supply is minimal. I usually plan for a few brews ahead and make a trip to raleigh. Anything I need for large brewing equipment orders, I have purchased through northern brewer online. Great service and shipping fees! The guys at brewmasters in raleigh are really knowledgable as well. So when I plan to go there, I always make sure I plan extra time to pick their brains a little.

a) I get everything from grapes and hops. They say they do special orders for other stuff.

b) I brew wine currently but would still be interested in getting together with other homecrafters :)

c) I have a friend across town that also brews wine/beer and would probably be interested.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I will be ordering grain in bulk... minimalize trips to Raleigh. I'm not against a little wine brew as well. Look forward to maybe getting a local group together... if we don't already have one?

Botteled Hefewisen
Secondary Bee Cave Brewery Rye IPA
In Works Another Hefe for local competition

Well from the discussion on this thread... I'd have to say no, we don't have one. But we should. :) Then we could set up booth at like the Dogwood Festival or something. It'd be cool. :)

Or we could just meet monthly and drink some eachothers brews :)

Well from the discussion on this thread... I'd have to say no, we don't have one. But we should. :) Then we could set up booth at like the Dogwood Festival or something. It'd be cool. :)

Or we could just meet monthly and drink some eachothers brews :)

I am pretty sure there is going to be a Homebrewers booth at the 2012 Dogwood Festival. I think it's sponsored by the American Homebrewer's Association (AHA). I know I'm going to check it out. I'd like to see how many homebrewers are really out there in the Fayetteville area!

If you have the club going i would be interested as well. I live in NC now but am looking to move closer to fayetteville soon

Ok ok. I got it. Swap meet. Could we get together and make brew trades? Is that walking a line of legality?

Bartering is the oldest form of trade...how could it be close to breaking the law??? In all seriousness, below is an excerpt from our laws here in NC:

North Carolina statute Chapter 18B, Article 1, §18B-101 defines Malt Beverage as any beer, lager, malt liquor, ale, porter, and any other brewed or fermented beverage containing at least one-half of one percent (0.5%), and not more than fifteen percent (15%), alcohol by volume. North Carolina Chapter 18B, Article 3, §18B-306 permits an individual to make, possess, and transport native wines and malt beverages for his own use and for the use of his family and guests.

Hope this helps!!!

I dont know If you have started the group yet but I'm intrested I'm also new to brewing but would love to be a part of a club out here in fayetteville. I just recently moved to fayetteville as well

I dont know if you have started the group yet but I would be intrested as well

a) To my knowledge no fayetteville-specific club exisits.

b) I get all my stuff at grapes & hops on Ramsey street. I live just over off country club so it's closest to me. They have a fair little stock of stuff and can do special orders through their vendor.

Any progress on the club? I live in Spring Lake, and when I'm home I'd be willing to host something at my place (no wifey to stop me lol) or attend somewhere else. I'm into my second batch right now, an Irish Red from Northern Brewer.

Jon

Any progress on the club? I live in Spring Lake, and when I'm home I'd be willing to host something at my place (no wifey to stop me lol) or attend somewhere else. I'm into my second batch right now, an Irish Red from Northern Brewer.

Jon

I make wine at the moment, but I'd still be down for setting something up. Would it be possible to integrate the grilling of MEAT into such an event?

I live in Cameron and have been brewing for a while with my Brothers-in-laws. we are all intersted. I got a few batches just bottled and kegged. let find a reason to get together and drink and Brew!

Pitbull-brewer,
unfortunately, there are no good HBS in fayetteville, I always head up to American brewmasters in Raleigh. They are super knowledgeable and will help you any way they can. Yes its a drive, but worth it.
I would have to say that the guys at Grapes and Hops are wine guys with little to no experiance with beer.

Back