Macadamia Nut Caramel Chocolate Cluster Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shutupjojo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got some of these from Costco and immediately wanted to make a beer that tasted like them. I figure its alot healthier to make a beer than sit and eat 5lbs of these little bastards. Started on a recipe but wanted to see some thoughts.:mug:

The nuts and chocolate have fats which can cause all sorts of problems in a beer (poor head retention, oily mouthfeel, staling etc...). I had issues with 1 cup of toasted/ground walnuts in the mash, I can't imagine what a pound or two of them would do to a beer.

I understand about all the fats and crap. I guess I should have worded it better.
The tubs you buy are about 5 lbs. I wouldn't even throw one piece in there. I am looking to brew a beer with a nutty , caramel , chocolate elements using only malt and mybe some extracts of chocolate and macadamia. Oh well.

Ah, much better idea! Some medium crystal would be a good idea, I normally wouldn't use a couple of pounds, but if you want it sweetness and caramel it wouldn't be a bad idea. For chocolate I've had the best luck with cocoa powder (mix it with some hot water and add it to secondary), although some chocolate malt for color/complexity wouldn't be a bad idea either. For the nuts I think extract is probably the way to go. Keep the hops light so they stay out of the way.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back