advice needed please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlife

Reaction score
I started two new rhimozes inside then moved them outside. The sun burned the ends off of both of all of the bines for these two rhizomes. no new bines have started but side shoots are coming out every place a leaf was. Should I cut the whole bine off and hope that new bines grow? They only have a couple of inches that arent dead.

my concern is that one plant will only be 4 inches tall and the other about a foot. Maybe some new bines will grow....

While it's not the case for everyone, I didn't get anything worth harvesting in my first year anyway.....So for me at least, as it turned out the first year was all about growing a good root system. So I wouldn't worry too much for this first year.

I'd expect new bines to start once the roots get established. Cutting off the first bines on new plants is a bad idea.

Let 'em all grow. Last year I got one or two good bines each off of my three rhizomes and some short, crummy ones. This year, I got about 20 shoots off my Cascade and about 10 on the others--so more greenery is the priority.

Back