What to brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumsboa09

Reaction score
Been brewing at least once a month and now I'm at a loss for what to brew. Got a ryePA that I just bottled today and my pops wants me to brew him a wit beer. After that I'm looking for something new to brew. Any thoughts?

What to Brew says that Scottish Ales are a good things to brew right now.

Other thoughts would be to find a beer you want to clone, or a favorite brew that you would brew 5 gallons of. Another suggestion would be to try to brew through all the BJCP styles. It's a long term goal, but that has helped me branch out.

I always like doing something I can't get locally( which is a lot in PA) I'm gona try a Kreuzberg inspired Lager.
Maybe try a Kolsh....always a hit with the average beer drinker.

whitehause said:
I always like doing something I can't get locally( which is a lot in PA) I'm gona try a Kreuzberg inspired Lager.
Maybe try a Kolsh....always a hit with the average beer drinker.

Where at in PA are you located?

Been brewing at least once a month and now I'm at a loss for what to brew. Got a ryePA that I just bottled today and my pops wants me to brew him a wit beer. After that I'm looking for something new to brew. Any thoughts?

What have you brewed already?
What do you like to drink?

I just brewed up a Gluten-free Russian Imperial Stout. Next on my list is an IPA or hopped up red.

JLem said:
What have you brewed already?
What do you like to drink?

I've made a wheat and several variations of an IPA because I love hops. Then brewed a porter which turned out terrible. Brewed a wee heavy that turned out great, I'm entering that into a local comp. war of the worts. Got ryePA in bottles as of yesterday that may go out to a comp too.

Try a style you haven't done or peruse the recipes and do a nice session ale - a mild or an ordinary bitter. Or make a recipe you are familiar with and use a different yeast. Your options are unlimited.

Back