RTD Sensors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgarino

Reaction score
I am getting all the parts for my control panel (Kal Clone). Where is the best place to get RTD Sensors? Any other options besides Auber? Thanks in advance..
Brett

I'd suggest Auber Instruments. You can get this Deluxe Probe/Cable from them. It'll save you a lot of time and grief building it. Plus it's $9 more for the connector controller loop and the shielding on the probe cable. All assembled.

Pt100-L100NPT-D.jpg

The standard probe is this:

PT100-L100M14a.jpg

I'm getting ready to buy two sensors and while I don't doubt Auber makes a great product, I am curious if anybody has had any luck with less expensive alternatives (RTD type).

Thanks, Todd

Another recommendation here for Auber. I used them for my SSR, PID, and RTD. I don't think this is something you really want to go cheap on. Their quality and service are both excellent. When I was having an issue with my RTD not reading the correct temp, they had me send it back and did a thorough testing, sent me a detailed 3 page report on the tests, then sent me back several options on how to remedy the problem (none at any cost to me).

I am getting all the parts for my control panel (Kal Clone). Where is the best place to get RTD Sensors? Any other options besides Auber? Thanks in advance..
I'd also recommend Auber for their excellent support/service. If you're cloning my panel the little you may save by going with cheaper ebay PIDs is not really going to be noticeable in the total cost. PID setup/programming may also be completely different. Wiring may be completely different.

Kal

I will repeat what others have said. Auberins is a great company and I have called them two times and emailed them with general questions and one failure issue (was my toggle switch and not the PID). Never asked me when I bought, what I bought etc. He just answered my questions and gave me options of things to test, try or offered a very reasonable resolution in the one case where i was having connectivity issues.

CS is great. They are a great business that is supportive of their product and know they have a real market out there with us HBers so they take care of us. I like buying from them when I can because I know they will support a failure even it isn't their fault. Where as ebay parts from china, not so easy to send back, or replace.

got mine from grainger.com for $15 ea
search "PT100" and you will get several choices of legnth. go for the 1/4" NPT ones.

How would you connect a Grainger PT1000 probe since this model only has 2 lead lines where the Aubder has 3 lines?

Any feedback on the quality of this item? Grainger only 5 minutes from my house.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with Granger, but with Granger you are the expert. If you have problems then they can only offer replacement if the part is bad.

Back