NNJ / NY Group Buy Feb/March

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 7154

Reaction score
OK. Delivery is planned to be at Defiant Brewing Co, Pearl River, NY. Delivery will not be until, at the earliest, the end of February 2012.
To view the catalog, go to http://countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6. The password is "greatmalt".
When you post what you want, please include the item #, grain description/name, and quantity.
If at all possible, bring in some homebrew and leave for Neill, the owner of Defiant, when you pick up your order. If you are able to, buy a pint or two, a growler, or a bottle to go to show some appreciation for using the place.
Payments would be to me once we get the order submitted and confirmed. Paypal is preferred. Payment info will be given near the closing of the group buy.

EDIT: This will be a one pallet group buy as Defiant cannot accommodate more.

THIS BUY IS CLOSED

NY-NNJGroupbuyFebMarch2012-1.jpg

If u can pickup for me like last time Romel, id be in for 2 bags.

BZ‐MUNH
TF MOPA

I would be in for:
CM-SPIL
CM-WHET
BZ-MUNH

Anyone want to split:
GW-VEIN
CM-RYEM
BD-CHLT
(Veinna, Rye, Chocolate)

I am pretty close to bailing, CT and Mass buys are about the same drive for me... Anyone stepping up?

I'm pretty close to just saying screw this. From the amount of posts and emails I was getting, I thought there was an actual interest in another buy.

BZ-PILS
BZ-DMUN

thanks Rommel for setting this up again

How many sacks do we need total? I may be able to drum up some support.

I need 2-3 sacks...

Anyone interested in splitting some 60L?

How many sacks do we need total? I may be able to drum up some support.

A pallet can fit up to 42 sacks, but it doesn't necessarily mean we need that many. Plus, if there are any hops ordered, then that counts toward the weight, leaving only 41 sacks.

(1) any clue how many sacks we are at? I think I may order more in the 4-6 range right now

(2) I'll ask again if - anyone interested in in splitting a sack of 60L?

Looks to be about 18 sacks. I'll start the spreadsheet this week and post it

I'm a new guy from Warwick NY and pretty clueless about procedures here. But I would really like to get in on this group buy. Where do I make my reservation?

GB‐OPAL Organic Pale Ale Malt, 1 55 lb sack
GB‐OMUN Organic Light Munich, 1 55 lbs sack
GB‐OWHT Organic Wheat, 1 55 lb sack

I'm a new guy from Warwick NY and pretty clueless about procedures here. But I would really like to get in on this group buy. Where do I make my reservation?

GB‐OPAL Organic Pale Ale Malt, 1 55 lb sack
GB‐OMUN Organic Light Munich, 1 55 lbs sack
GB‐OWHT Organic Wheat, 1 55 lb sack

I got your message. By posting here, you're on the list.

OK, the spreadsheet is up. Those of you have had posted that you were willing for "X" amount of sacks, you have not yet posted which ones you want. Those of you who have posted which ones you want, please check to spreadsheet for preliminary confirmation. Anyone can still make changes, and prior to the actual call to NCM, I will ask everyone to make a final confirmation. Now I have to go brew an IIPA.

You put me on the spreadsheet. Thanks. I'm curious how the price was figured. My catalog shows $0.58/100lb and I got 2 x 50 lb bags so was expecting $58 bag cost. What am I getting wrong with my understanding. Spreadseet says $68.20 for cost of bags. Do we get some kind of big tax?

Sorry, I had the spreadsheet set up as 55 pound sack and at $0.62 per pound. But the price is $0.61 per pound (50*0.61= $30.50), plus the pallet charge plus the fuel surcharge.
Be sure you are using the updated (2/13/2012) catalog.

EDIT: I'm actually going to have to go over the spreadsheet again to be sure I used the right pricing.

Rommel,

I think 7tom was using the 2000#-4000# price. We haven't reached that tier yet, hopefully by the end of this group buy we can get that rate instead of the <2000# rate.

Poobah57 & tomCT, you're both on the sheet. I have also reviewed the prices and made any necessary changes to the spreadsheet.

EDIT: And yes, I do Paypal

Hi guys, hope i'm not too late for this! I'd like to order:

1 x BZ-PILS
1 x BZ-MUNH
1 x BZ-WHT

When is the cutoff date for ordering? I might have some buddies adding on a few things.

Hi guys, hope i'm not too late for this! I'd like to order:

1 x BZ-PILS
1 x BZ-MUNH
1 x BZ-WHT

When is the cutoff date for ordering? I might have some buddies adding on a few things.
Added to list.

There is no actual cutoff date. When the pallet is full, that's pretty much it. I do have one guy who is probably in for 2 or 3 sacks so there's not much room left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back