whats your favorite thing to do while drinking beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
By far the best thing is playing DnD. I have a big 36 oz. Mug and I fill it, then slay many goblins with my might fist full of dice.

Don't know if it's my 'favorite' thing, but I seem to pee an awful lot.. and that's pleasurable in a 'relief' sort of way... and even somewhat fun if there's something to do during the activity, like spell words in the snow or drown ants...

The down side to the activity, is it usually demands to be done "right damned now!"

Can't really be discussed in an open forum, but luckily, my wife has a flat head to rest it on when needed.

(Don't tell her I said that please.)

By far the best thing is playing DnD. I have a big 36 oz. Mug and I fill it, then slay many goblins with my might fist full of dice.

I tried to get into DnD for about a month. Played once a week from September - October but didn't really mesh with the people. Didn't help that my characters battle cry was that of Sloth from the Goonies.

That comic made jokes about DnD fans not having girlfriends and living in parents' basements! GENIUS! What will he think of next?!?!

I don't play it personally (never cared for the fantasy aspect I guess) but why knock it...

DnD guys ever try any euro games? We've been playing a lot of Small World lately and it's got a pretty fun fantasy-esque design but REALLY fun game dynamics. Board games are pretty fun to drink with (as long as you don't have too much so that you lose any chance at strategy :drunk: )

That comic made jokes about DnD fans not having girlfriends and living in parents' basements! GENIUS! What will he think of next?!?!

I don't play it personally (never cared for the fantasy aspect I guess) but why knock it...

DnD guys ever try any euro games? We've been playing a lot of Small World lately and it's got a pretty fun fantasy-esque design but REALLY fun game dynamics. Board games are pretty fun to drink with (as long as you don't have too much so that you lose any chance at strategy :drunk: )

Not trying to knock it, I played WoW for a few months, but it was way too addictive for me.

Hang out with some fun friends, maybe some card/board games (Munchkin, not Magic or Pokeymans).

I usually try to have something on hand when doing auto work, or after an autocross event.

Become wittier than ever before and make histarical cracks, at least that's how it plays out in my mind...
Is wittier even a word?
A few more beers and it will become clear.

Become wittier than ever before and make histarical cracks, at least that's how it plays out in my mind...
Is wittier even a word?
A few more beers and it will become clear.

See? Now there's a guy who knows how to have a good time!

Settlers of Catan

don't know how, don't know why, but its freaking hilarious

oh man...that's a gateway drug.....soon you'll be partying with Ticket to Ride, then "trying out" Carcassonne......then the hard stuff....Power Grid, Caylus, Puerto Rico and AGRICOLA! :rockin:

WoW...I have a few friends working for Blizzard. I was a beta tester and would be playing until the sun came up. then a couple buddies I played with would meet at McDonald's when they opened for Breakfast Sandwiches then go to sleep.

so no more WoW for me SWMBO would never allow it.

I'd say I like to sit back and relax on the couch and just zone out.

or socialize with buddies and having a good time.
-=Jason=-

oh man...that's a gateway drug.....soon you'll be partying with Ticket to Ride, then "trying out" Carcassonne......then the hard stuff....Power Grid, Caylus, Puerto Rico and AGRICOLA! :rockin:

yeah, there's a ton of fun stuff out there. settlers keeps us pretty happy. i have cities but we never play it for some reason...

i'd really like to get agricola, but we don't get together that often so it's hard to justify.

yeah, there's a ton of fun stuff out there. settlers keeps us pretty happy. i have cities but we never play it for some reason...

i'd really like to get agricola, but we don't get together that often so it's hard to justify.

Agricola is a very overwhelming game at first and can scare some players away for sure. The best thing about it, though, is that there are no reliances on the randomness of dice rolls and you can really change your strategy greatly from game to game. If the people you play with are willing to put forth a little bit of time learning some new rules the game is really a lot of fun.

Power grid is a great game that everyone in my group seems to enjoy because it's not quite as potentially frustrating as Agricola but still strategically advanced. There is a fair amount of socialization in Power Grid as well, so if that's your primary reason for getting together then it'd probably go over well.

Agricola is a very overwhelming game at first and can scare some players away for sure. The best thing about it, though, is that there are no reliances on the randomness of dice rolls and you can really change your strategy greatly from game to game. If the people you play with are willing to put forth a little bit of time learning some new rules the game is really a lot of fun.

Power grid is a great game that everyone in my group seems to enjoy because it's not quite as potentially frustrating as Agricola but still strategically advanced. There is a fair amount of socialization in Power Grid as well, so if that's your primary reason for getting together then it'd probably go over well.

how long are agricola games usually? settlers can sometimes drag out horribly - you know who's gonna win, but sometimes crappy dice rolls can delay the inevitable for a long time.

how long are agricola games usually? settlers can sometimes drag out horribly - you know who's gonna win, but sometimes crappy dice rolls can delay the inevitable for a long time.

Depends on the number of players and efficiency of each player. I'd say about 1.5 to 2 hours probably. The awesome thing about agricola is that unlike settlers, you don't tend to see a lot of "this guy is so far ahead he's going to win....why bother continuing" happening. It's a very dynamic game.

+1 to staring at the bartender's boobs. Unless they're man boobs....

What the hell language are you people speaking in?
:confused:

Back