Beer Festival in Ludington, Michigan? 8/22/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While taking a tour at Jamesport Brewing Company, in Ludington, Michigan, I chatted with Tom, the brewmaster. He mentioned a beer festival to be held at the park on August 22. There will be a homebrew contest etc.

He mentioned a website, but I can't remember what it was. I assumed it would be listed in the Michigan Brewers Guild website, under events, but alas, no luck.

Anyone know where to get more information?

Jamesport is an excellent place, and I'll no doubt want to attend this event and maybe submit a beer for review.

Good God. My calendar is getting all filled up with beer fests and homebrew stuff! I'm not sure how many of these I can attend without getting into trouble. At least my wife seems pretty excited about going to Jamesport and camping and eating there.

I'll try to remember to call and get that website info. Tom was a very cool guy and I'd love to get over there again and drink some more of his beer. Maybe I can get a DD this time and really have a good time.

AH, I just called and the website is not up yet. They are shooting for end of May for that. They are actually having a meeting today and they took my number so if there is anything interesting to mention, I might hear about it.

The website is http://www.sudsontheshore.com. So far there is nothing but a park page, but it's not the end of May yet either.

The lady on the phone seems pleased when I told her I posted the info that I had in a homebrew forum. I expect they will get a few more contest entries this way.

Talked to Tom yesterday and he said they are still working out the details and hopes they can make it a go. He'll call me when there is more info, but he said it seems like the more they get together to plan it, the more questions come up and the more involved it gets. Sounds about right.

I'm thinking that he will have a better chance of getting people to submit their brew if he gives them time to brew it and age it properly. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the thing sorted out.

Talked with Tom again last Thursday. Wife and I went to celebrate my birthday and had lunch and I had a flight of beers. Too bad I had a cold and couldn't smell or taste anything. Even the IPA had no aroma!!

Anywho, Tom said that the festival is a go, and although they are working out the details still, the homebrew competition is still on and to be ready for it. He also gave the wife a nice overview of the small brewery downstairs and I learned a lot about how it all works. Lots of switching pipes and stuff around to move beer from one place to another!

Time to start planning my next beer! I want to pick a good one for the competition before it gets too late!

Here's the link to the website, which is just a single page at this time:

Suds On The Shore | Micro Brew Festival & Home Brew Conest | Ludington, MI

Sweet...... thanks for the links and update Homercidal. :rockin:

Ah, I didnt' see that. Oh well, I guess they need to limit the amount due to not wanting to get smashed by the end or something.

Well, I'm just bumping this because you can now send your beer in. It's also basically a charity event, so why not attend, have a good time and help the United Way!

Back