ATM woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
So a few weeks back the wife and I went to the bank to deposit her paycheck in the ATM, there was an old couple in front of us, long story short, they left their DEBIT card in the ATM.. I was kind enough to slip it in the overnight safe deposit box on the side of the bank.

Anyway, last night the wife and I go to the bank to deposit her check in the ATM... put the card in, put in her deposit, she asks me to take out $30, so I take out the cash, start talking about my SIL and BIL and how they always fight, get the receipt, talk about how they are coming down for the 4th and how they'll most likely argue the entire time, drive away....

We get home, decided to go for ice cream, while in line my wife asks me if I gave her the debit card back... **check pockets**... nothing, so we order our ice cream, wife goes through her purse... nothing.

So now we panic, get our ice cream, pay and leave...

tear apart the car, i empty out my pockets over and over, search the same spot over and over...

anyway, we called the bank and reported it lost (well told them the what happened and now we'll have to wait 5 days for a new card since we can't get over to the bank right away).

I'm embarrassed that as anal as I am that I left the damn card in the ATM.

Ouch... And we were all waiting to find out what karma would bring around for you (superbrew or something)... This = Unexpected

man, this multi-quote is dangerous.

Wow, that's like.... anti-Karma. What the hell did you do in a previous life?

I don't know???

I guess it goes to show no matter what simple conversation can really distract you... another thing I noticed is that this ATM functions different than most, usually after you take out cash your money comes out, then a receipt, then your card... this one always asks you if you want to do another transaction before it spits out your card...

As long long as no one was right behind you in line the ATM usually eats the card pretty quickly. It's weird how life works sometimes.

I'll say.

Ouch... And we were all waiting to find out what karma would bring around for you (superbrew or something)... This = Unexpected

for sure, like perhaps the ATM would have broken, fallen apart and money would have been flying everywhere and then out of no where an armored truck would do a wicked flip in front of the bank and cash would be all over...

ATM Whores?

.....I was expecting a totally different thread ;)

I actually had to scroll up to see if I had misspelled my thread :D

This is payback for the [thread=69462]ear pimple thread[/thread].

I kid, I kid...:D

I almost spit out my coffee laughing when I read this!

What bank is it?

I have Bank of America and have almost left my card in an atm before. I am not sure if it is their ATMs or what but it has never happened at others. I know they wait until the very, very end of transaction to give it back. Other banks have the you-swipe-it-yourself things or they give the card back right after you enter your pin.

I keep my wallet out until I get my card back, it usually reminds me to check for the card.

like perhaps the ATM would have broken, fallen apart and money would have been flying everywhere and then out of no where an armored truck would do a wicked flip in front of the bank and cash would be all over...

Thats the kind of kjarmic thing that only happens after you do both a really good deed AND have underserved crap happen to you...

Nice... I want in!!! :mug:

My local grocery store got a new ATM recently. First, it asks you if you want your account balance. If you say yes, it shows your balance, closes the transaction & spits out your card!

WTF?

My wife once lost her credit card. The finder was so kind to call and cancel it. Odd, but better than using it.

It was rather embarassing when I was trying to pay with another card from that account and was told that I have to call the CC company b/c and that they won't take that card.

Kai

I found someone's wallet on top of a gas pump one night but couldn't find any contact info (DL wasn't in it). I called the number on their citibank credit card, told them I found their customers wallet and gave them my phone number to pass along. They contacted the cardholder, gave her the info and I was able to arrange for her to get all her stuff back. Mighty nice of them.

I found someone's wallet on top of a gas pump one night but couldn't find any contact info (DL wasn't in it). I called the number on their citibank credit card, told them I found their customers wallet and gave them my phone number to pass along. They contacted the cardholder, gave her the info and I was able to arrange for her to get all her stuff back. Mighty nice of them.

Mighty nice of you, I'd say. Most people wouldn't try that hard.
:mug:

Here the ATM give out the card before the money... Less likely to walk away. Any other transaction leads to the do you want another transaction page...

Back