Anyone been to the Heineken factory in Amsterdam or Carlsberg in Denmark?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardBlank

Reaction score
Great times. Lots of different brews to try. Imagine, all you can drink of the freshest beer. Thank God I took pictures because I didn't remember anything the following day.

Anyone else?

Richard

Yeah i went there. Such a bad ass tour. WAYYY better than the guinness factory. The Heineken factory gives you vouchers at the beginning of the tour for 3 free beers (and a free glass) but they never take them so it's pretty much open bar with BOTH bars in the factory tour (one in the middle and one at the end)! THE best brewery tour ever! Plus it also REALLY helps with the "environment" in amsterdam too. Lol, that's all I have to say about that. But i didn't really say that. LOL.

mullimat

Thanks for the reply.

I was there in 1993. I am sure it has changed since then. I am glad to see that it is still an open bar mentality. You were lucky, I had to slip the guy a 5 spot for the bottomless glass.

Richard

I was there last year and it was great, I made friends with the bartender and must of had 13 glasses of ice cold heiny

The heineken brewery tour is pretty cool. I went there in September 2006. I think last time I was in Amsterdam (February) they had it closed for renovations.

So if you went there recently.... you probably got to experience a new "Heineken Experience".

BTW... did they still have the Heineken Karaoke?

Here's a buddy and I making assclowns of ourselves...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really believe heineken tastes better in the netherlands than it does in the US. I don't think it's just the skunkiness because the canned stuff is not that great either. That being said the brewery tour was pretty cool. They don't really brew any of it in Amsterdam anymore but its cool to see the old brewery.

I got a photo's taken from one of there kiosks after getting hammered, and that was funny I will dig it up and post it for all to laugh at. I think it cost 15 euros and was so worth it.

they also gave me a plastic hienekin bottle that inside held a flat stainless steel bottle opener as a gift, which when going through customs in Germany got me special treatment. when it laid sideways it looked like I was smuggling a knife inside of a bottle onto the plane when they saw it on the xray scanners. They made me open my bag real slowly and show them what it was.

and I agree it tasted nothing like what I have had here in the states, also they were serving it extra cold the last 4 foot of the tap was covered in ice to allow for colder serving temps.

I went there in 2006 and you are right, the beer just tastes fresher -- I had a new appreciation for heineken after that tour and still have a hard time drinking it in the states because my tastebuds are telling me it's wrong.

That may also have something to do with the fact that you are sightseeing and walk uncountable miles before sitting down for a great drink.

I don't remember the karaoke being there anymore... sorry man.

Back