Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildwest450 said:
Anyone ever change out their turn signals and taillights for led lights? I bought some mirrors that had led lights built in, to use as turn signals, but they blink super fast, to fast in my opinion. I was told you could buy a resistor and wire it in to slow them down, has anyone ever done this??

My S4R has an integrated taillight that is LED... It came with resistors to use, but since I only did LEDs on the rear, my blinking rate didn't change. Did you change both front and rear to LEDs??

Austin

1999 KLR

153932218-O.jpg

R0014849.jpg

BigNick, that looks like fun. I have to search for the thread about the guys who went touring through Africa on bikes like that-it was a long and entertaining read (with lots of pictures).

mcaustin said:
My S4R has an integrated taillight that is LED... It came with resistors to use, but since I only did LEDs on the rear, my blinking rate didn't change. Did you change both front and rear to LEDs??

Austin

I only changed the front, but I did order the rear integrated stop light/turn signals, and it comes with a heavy duty relay for the flasher's, hopefully that does the trick.

wildwest450 said:
I only changed the front, but I did order the rear integrated stop light/turn signals, and it comes with a heavy duty relay for the flasher's, hopefully that does the trick.

Good luck, I hope it works out.

BTW: The book "Long Way Round" is much better than the movie (but the movie is still great!).

Ewan and Charlie did two series: Long Way Around and Long Way Down.

I haven't seen Long Way Down yet, but will be buyin' those DVD's right around when the weather turns cold...give me a two-wheeled fix when I'm freezin' my tail off in the mountains of TN.

updated with a few mods now. The 'Strom really is a killer commuter. Decent enough power with 60 mpg. Its ugly, but its really growing on me

strom1.jpg

Wife's new ride...'08 Deluxe

DSCF00101.JPG

And an updated picture of mine...'08 Street Glide just turned 8200 miles and 9 days until we leave on a 2000 + mile trip to Gillette Wyoming...:mug:

DSCF0011.JPG

Here's pic of my ride, it's a 2008 Harley Davidson Road King. 1584 CC's, fuel injection, cruise control, six gallon tank, six speed tranny, the whole package. It's great around town and feels even better out on the open road. You have to be going about 70 to even put it in high gear but it cruises at 75 with no effort and gets around 50 mpg doing it.

P1000036.JPG

just sold the kawi and don't have any plans for a new one:(
Brewing is a much more affordable hobby:mug:

Kawi ZX-6RR
135039266-L.jpg

And the bike prior to the Kawi which was a Yamaha R6
hi-res2.jpg

I have been looking for a 2 stroke street bike to fix up for a while now. I finally found a guy selling a RD250 about three hours from me for $250!

2 stroke 4 lyfe yo!

I can't believe I didn't know this thread existed. Two pictures of my 2005 suzuki boulevard. Nothing too fancy, and for $4000 easy on the wallet.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

Looking at these pictures reminds me that I should repaint the barn.

Heres a nice shot of Suzuki's 08 Lineup. We did a cool 80 miles through some great twisties today

08 VStrom
08 GSX-R
08 BKing

Parker_Lake_001.jpg

Parker_Lake_016.jpg

I might be test driving a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750 tomorrow. Might be able to get her for $300. Anyone worked on a bike similar to this?

I have my eyes on a C50T. That's a lot of bike for the $$$$.

I have the C50. I agree, it is alot of bike for $4000 used. Great bike. I love mine. Going out today for a 150 ride. I need to get some new pictures. I've added a touring bag and LED turn indicator with new mirrors. Aftermarket parts are pretty reasonable too.

010.JPG

Chimone

How is that BKing? I have an 07 SV1000 and wish I had waited for the BKing.

Oh dear god, that is the fastest thing I have ever been on. It handles really well and has a standard sitting position so it makes for a very comfortable ride.

If I could afford a second bike, I would definitely be considering that one. SV1000 is a great bike too though

Back