Tap-A-Draft Systems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used tap-a-draft for 1 year before switch to kegs. It's pretty cool but mine was "eating" CO2 too rapidly, and the cartridges are expensive here.

Pros: Fits easily into fridge without any modifications
Can bring it to partys easily

Cons: Cannot serve many glass at a time. The pressure needs to stabilise, so it's for a low usage.

You could probably get a 12g CO2 keg charger, a corny, and a picnic tap for less than those prices.

Portable CO2 Charger // Brewmasters Warehouse
$19.99 - Charger

Reconditioned 5-Gallon Cornelius Keg - Ball Lock // Brewmasters Warehouse
Corny - $35

Gas Ball Lock:
Gas Ball Lock Gas Disconnect - Threaded // Brewmasters Warehouse
$6.25

Picnic Tap // Brewmasters Warehouse
picnic tap $3

Liquid Ball Lock Disconnect - Barbed // Brewmasters Warehouse

liquid disconnect : $6

$70 total, and I paid abotu $25 a piece for my cornies, so you might be able to get lower than that. You'll also need a little bit of beer line, but that will just cost you a couple bucks, and I couldnt find it on BMW's site. And that way, there will be nothing getting thrown out in the future.

hmm interesting...well if i can get it that cheap Id probably just go with the corny setup as ill be upgrading to them soon enough anyways...I work at a paintball store and have easy access to a ton of old 20 oz co2 tanks... how would I keep myself from over/under pressurizing the corny if I were to use that instead of the 12 grams??

used my kit for 2 batches pressure was not great and leaked occasionally even when cooled in the fridge now plan on using them for 1.25 gallon test batches back to bottling and am only doing 2.5 gal batches so bottling is not as much a chore as with 5 gallons

Back