Kangaroo meat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
Found out a shop down the road sells it and I am curious. Anyone had it before? This place also sells alligator, muskox and ostrich. I gotta try them all

I had a kangaroo steak once as a kid at a roadside place in South Dakota. I remember being quite tasty.

this sounds weird but it has an almost fruity taste, like plummy sort of. yep that sounded stupid. but you'll see what i mean, it's good stuff! i treat it like a steak, pan fry or bbq medium rare.
ostrich, you wouldn't know it's bird, it's more like red meat. i love it, but be careful not to let it get dry or it's like chewing chalk

I've had kangaroo (at the Half Moon in Kennett Square, PA) and it was OUTSTANDING! I would say as good or better than any beef I've ever eaten.

I have had it. It tastes great. There was a restaurant down on Hatteras Island that it was featured on the menu.

Never had Kangaroo, but I've had Ostrich. It's a red meat, like beef, but a different texture. Pretty tasty.

I've wanted to try alligator, but I'd only want to try it where they are fresh. I've seen where you can buy it frozen online.

I've had kangaroo about 10 years ago. I can't really remember what it was like, but do remember it being decent at best. It was at a crappy restaurant though so I would probably blame it more on the place than the meat. I would like to try it again cooked properly.

I've had a ostrich burger recently and it was good, but nothing special.

Tastes like;

spam.jpg

Back