First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spulls

Reaction score
I just made my first batch with Target Brand Cider.

Batch size 5 1/2 g
1 1/2 lb. corn sugar
12 oz honey
1 pack ale yeast

I brought 1/2 gallon to a slight boil then added the honey and sugar to dissolve. While the 1/2 gallon was cooling I added the remaining 5 gallons right to the carboy. After the Cider was just under 80 degrees I pitched the yeast.

image-4035986122.jpg

As a general rule of thumb you should never boil cider since it can set the pectin and make a perpetually cloudy beverage. But, what's done is done and it was only 1/2 gallon and probably not a big deal.

Nice color on that!

I am not sure what I should carb it with.. I have read that apple juice concentrate works pretty good. How would you calculate how much to use.

I used 1 cup of corn suger put into my 6 gallon secondary carboy the day before i bottled it to provide carbination. This worked pretty good.

I bottled it this past Monday. I used a cup of corn sugar to carb it. I was happy with how clear it turned out

image-3973529113.jpg

Back