Kölsch Kranz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrywise

Reaction score
I'm far from a finish carpenter but I thought it turned out pretty slick. Next time I travel to Germany I'd love to pick up the real deal (gotta be a circle so you can just spin the tray while you pour your drinks).

kranz.jpg

Piece of board from Home Depot, a piece of dowel and a small table leg for the handle.

Glassware from Lee Valley.

Nice job man, and yea one of those spinning ones from Koeln would be nice to get :)

(I'll stick with Alt ;))

berrywise, you inspired me! Got this "hack job" done in time for my Oktoberfest party in two weeks. Holds 12. Was thinking about how to do the handle until I stopped thinking about how to do it! It will be fun to see how well this fills and re-fills. It's been tough sitting on the oktoberfest and kolsch while they condition. Thank you!

kolsch_kranz.jpg

berrywise, you inspired me! Got this "hack job" done in time for my Oktoberfest party in two weeks. Holds 12. Was thinking about how to do the handle until I stopped thinking about how to do it! It will be fun to see how well this fills and re-fills. It's been tough sitting on the oktoberfest and kolsch while they condition. Thank you!

kolsch_kranz.jpg

If that's a hack job I don't even know what I'd call mine :D Awesome job. My friends, the ones who haven't been to Koln, get a big kick out of drinking from the smaller glasses. Gotta keep the beer flowing though as they sure are easy to put back!

Back