aquarium heater/thermostat rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbarrister

Reaction score
I am brewing a Belgian pale ale this weekend and want to use a an aquarium heater hooked up to a thermostat. This would be in a 32 gallon trash can with water in it. Has anyone tried this before with success? I am going for precise ale.fermentation control. Any tips? Thanks!

im using similar system, i have 27gal heavy duty plastic tote and i can control fermentation temp of two 6.5gal carboys, i have it connected to my own design :) cooling system and 150w aquarium heater, everything is controlled by stc1000 dual stage controller and its working very well. Till Sunday i was keeping it steady at 75 and now im cold crashing at 55 (im not sure it would go much lower), ambient is around 68F

I use one all the time and it works great!! My heaters have a built in thermostat that can be calibrated and is pretty accurate. This summer I am going to use a dual stage controller for heating and cooling.

Back