So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed up 12 gallons of Octoberfest today and split it up between a starter of WLP820 and the yeast cake of WLP810 and the WLP810 was going within 1 hour...

Brewed a 1.080 RED ipa last night full of columbus, simcoe and amarillo hops. I made a new kettle hops strainer out of 304 stainless mesh that worked flawlessly and did not clog at all! This morning the 1272 yeast was gluggin and chuggin! :ban:

I also bottled a nice pale ale yesterday, it was a busy brewing day for sure.

I racked my first brew - Biermuncher's Black Pearl Porter - to a secondary. Then I brewed an IPA I might have bungled the hop schedule on - too much bittering/not enough finishing... I think.

Brewed a 3% small beer yesterday that I've been putting together. Trying to get something similar to Bells Third Coast Beer, but smaller and a little more hop character. Used Centennial for FWH, EKG and Cascade for flavoring, and Centennial + Citra for KO - for a total of 29 IBUs @ 1.031. 2-row, Maris Otter, flaked barley and C-15 for the malt bill. Looking forward to this one...the sample tasted promising!

Also dry hopped my 4g of 125IBU IPA with 1oz of each: Amarillo, Simcoe & Citra.

:tank:

Going to try DC's Rye IPA on Sunday. Also will be racking and dry hopping an IPA and kegging the second half of a delicious hazelnut brown.

Going to do a Simcoe/Citra IPA on Friday hopefully. I've done the recipe once before as an extract brew and it was pretty good, hopefully the AG version will be tasty too.

Just found out night before last that I'm gonna have a full house here for four days weekend after next.. and my pipeline is low..

So I'm taking the day off and brewing 11G of EdWorts Haus Pale Ale... Let it ferment for 7 days and then put half of it in the kegerator under pressure.... let the other half continue on for an additional week....

Now we'll see if this beer is as fast as the commercial claims..
:mug:

I've been "contracted" to brew 2 kegs of beer for a friends party July 1st. Need to get something ready quickly.. thinking 1 batch of Centen. Blonde, and maybe a Watermelon Wheat.

13 gallon AG batch of light hefe, got a friend's birthday party coming up, and the ladies LOOOOVE the light hefe.

Last AG batch until fall. It's just too dang hot in the summer to do AG, I'll stick to smaller extract and PM batches.

Gonna be hot Saturday as it is, I'll try to mash in by 7:00AM.

:rockin:

I'll be making a citra wheat ale tomorrow. Shooting for a 4.2%ish summer beer with tons of late citra hops for a really fruity wheat. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Gonna do ten gallons on saturday of a recipe that I came up with to try and use some of my hops I bought and on Sunday I'll prolly do another five of caribou slobber.

Brewing the IPA recipe from Brewing Classic Styles this Saturday. Had to change the hops a little do to shortage bit should be okay. Already wishing I had a 10 gallon set up.

Brewing a dunkelweizen tomorrow. I've wanted to brew one for a while now and its about time to rack my hefeweizen to the keg so it seemed fitting. I think its going to be a good 4th of July brew!

I'll be brewing a 5 gallon batch of Little Mountain München Dunkel tonight and look forward to it very much, as I have not brewed in 6 weeks!! >:-(

Short brew day for me, only took 5 hours. Did 5 gallons of a pale ale for a 4th of July party.

forgot to add whirlfloc :(

My wife & I already have 4.75 cases of ale in bottles conditioning for the 4th. Her Belgian wit clone & my newest version of pale ale,more of an APA. I just pitched the yeast on a dark ale last night that's going to become my whiskely ale. "whiskely" is an old slang name for whiskey ale. Usually a stout aged in bourbon casks since colonial times,right up through prohibition. But over the years,dark ales & porters were also used.
So I'll be basing it on a dark ale,going into secondary with medium toast French oak chips & Beam's black 8 year old bourbon. That'll be for at least September.

Southcoast Homebrewer's Association group IPA brew Sunday. Skeeter Pee onto an Apfelwein yeast cake Saturday so rack the Apfelwein into a secondary. Rack Kolsh into a secondary for the yeast cake for the IPA also on Saturday.

Got an impromptu brewday happening tomorrow. I was supposed to go with my wife and son to West Virginia for a family reunion. The water main in the town blew and the ENTIRE town is without water. Reunion cancelled.

So we'll be meeting her folks half way to Roanoke, VA instead and I'll be back home for the weekend by myself. If I get home by noon, I'll brew. If not, Sunday after church.

Making a Maris Otter Fuggle SMaSH. I call it M'UGGLE SMaSH.

Back