Louisville, Ky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing really thanks.

I need more time and money, but I won't ask you to help with that.

Right now I have a seasonal porter in the bottle, my homegrown hop IPA is in secondary, and a roasty imperial stout in primary.

I have been brewing for 5 years or so. I have 2 AG recipes under my belt, but do mostly PM's with pale extract due to time constraints and having 3 kids.

Welcome to the board!

I lived in Lville for 22 months, on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Do you know if Judge Roy Bean's Tavern is still operating there? I wasn't a bier nut back then but did enjoy a few good pints there. Wow that was a fun area to live in, but my family had a hard time settling into Lville.

Schlante,
Phillip

Welcome fellow louisvillian!!

You live in a great place for homebrewing.

MVKTR2, how long ago did you live here? I have never heard of that place and I have lived here for 6 years now.

Welcome to the board!

I lived in Lville for 22 months, on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Do you know if Judge Roy Bean's Tavern is still operating there? I wasn't a bier nut back then but did enjoy a few good pints there. Wow that was a fun area to live in, but my family had a hard time settling into Lville.

Schlante,
Phillip

That placed closed a long time ago. There might be a little pub there but I forget the name.

Welcome. Quite a few Louisville brewers here huh?

Welcome from over the river in Jefffersonville...2 great clobs in the area Fossils and Lagers...Lagers meeting tonight at Cumberland Brewing on Poplar Level...

Lovely!

Thanks All. Yeah, No Roy Beans anymore, BBC and the Tep Room seem to be the only craft breweries although I have heard of a new one on bardstown rd.

Where do you all get Co2 Here?

Welcome from over the river in Jefffersonville...2 great clobs in the area Fossils and Lagers...Lagers meeting tonight at Cumberland Brewing on Poplar Level...

Oh, is that tonight? I've been meaning to get out to one of those. Don't know if I can make it out there this evening, but I will see if I can shuffle some stuff. If I'm able to go I'll wear my tan NABC shirt; come say hello. :)

I was there I think 9 years ago. We loved that area, went walking most every day, getting the world's greatest ice cream at Graters, etc. Back then I wasn't really a bier nut, I would go to the whole foods grocer just off the interstate @ Bardstown Rd. and pick up different German bier from their cooler. I've always been a big foodie, was always picking up something from in there. Anyhoo welcome to the board and hey to my former neighbors!

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks! Been here 33 years or so.

Where do you get CO2?

I was given a 20lb tank when I started the keezer, still on its first load. I planned on checking with Airgas when it was time for a refill.

I stopped by that place down by the stadium and was shocked at the prices...

I pay just over $9 for a 10 pound fill at Welders Supply.

I was given a 20lb tank when I started the keezer, still on its first load. I planned on checking with Airgas when it was time for a refill.

I stopped by that place down by the stadium and was shocked at the prices...

By the Slugger field or the Yum center?

I pay just over $9 for a 10 pound fill at Welders Supply.

Good deal. Thanks!

Back