what kind of keg is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that would work for a keg. However, it's not ready. It says that you need to put valves on it. $75 is WAYYYYYYYYY too much for a 2.5 gal cornie. I wont pay over $30 for a 5 gal. I would pass this beast up!

I've seen/heard of smallerer cornie kegs before. This seems to be one of them. One of the pictures looks like the pressure release has been shut with a straight bolt. Hopefully you'll get a better responce from a sober HBT'er...

EDIT: eschatz you're fast...

I think that would work for a keg. However, it's not ready. It says that you need to put valves on it. $75 is WAYYYYYYYYY too much for a 2.5 gal cornie. I wont pay over $30 for a 5 gal. I would pass this beast up!

Thanks.. I was thinking the samething.

Notice the integrated pressure gauge? Very common when these things are sold for use as pressurized chem dispensers (i.e. no pump sprayers). I'd be very leary of using this one in food processing.

Unless you have the drills & taps handy to re-size the holes and a cheap source of parts, it would cost you more to convert that than it is worth.

Back