Hardware necessary for Beergun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sol

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Now that I've finally gotten my keezer built and running and everything going into kegs, I'd like to get a Beergun to bottle some brew for taking elsewhere with me. I've read that the Beergun kits as they come don't include everything you need to hook up the gun to the keg and gas.

My keg kit has a dual gauge regulator and a 4-way manifold. Austin Homebrew's site has 2 accessory packages for the beer gun:

Beer Gun Accessory Kit #1
This accessory kit provides almost everything needed to get your BeerGun up and running: a liquid ball-lock disconnect, a 5' length of hose for your CO2 line with 1/4" stainless flare connectors on each end, one stainless 1/4" disconnect (for the 10' beer hose that comes with the BeerGun), and a brass 1/4" NPT X 1/4" flare adapter for connecting to the CO2 valve on the BeerGun. Read below for information about Beer Gun Accessory Kit #2.

Beer Gun Accessory Kit #2
Because most people do not have regulators with dual MFL outlets as shown in the instructions for the BeerGun provided by Blichmann Engineering, a second group of hardware items are necessary to make the BeerGun operational. This second group of items includes an MFL gas disconnect, an MFL tee, and three FFL-to-hose-barb swivel nuts. It is assembled with clamps.

Do I need both of these to connect the Beergun?

Thanks!

I have been looking at these myself. I am not sure either, but subscribing for future investment =)

Will Need both items it make the Beer Gun Work. Unless you have enough spare parts to build a hook up hose yourself. Which is Swivel Nuts,Disconnect for Liquid,flare fitting and swivel nut, beer hose and clamps..

Thanks, Inferno. Looks like the Beergun budget just got blown. Time to use the card swmbo doesn't know about, LOL.

How is your gas system set up? If you have secondary regs or a second CO2 tank (always nice to have one on those cases when your tank runs out on a Friday night and you can't swap/refill until Monday) you will not need the second kit. The issue is you need your keg to still be on gas, and the beer gun to also have a gas feed. Unless you don't want to purge the bottles. Then no gas is needed on the gun.

Edit...
Just reread the OP...if you have a four way manifold I'd say you don't need the second kit.

I just answered this on the BN forum but for the benefit of people here because I think my setup is simple and fairly useful, here is what I do.

I have a tee in my c02 line after the regulator. This tees to wherever the line would have gone anyway and then to one of these:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17...uick_Disconnect_-_1_4"_Barb_x_Female_Shut-off

I then have several of the male versions of the item above which I use to quickly attach and detach various accessories that use c02. I personally have a CP filler, a device for purging bottles of c02 when I fill without the CP filler, and a setup to force transfer out of better bottles.

Thanks Kilted. I've only got one CO2 tank but have been planning on picking up a backup. If I went that route, I'd need a second regulator as well though, wouldn't I?

Yep, you would need a second regulator. But I don't see the issue of using one of the gas lines from your manifold to feed the BG. The pressure may be a little lower than you'd like, but I would think it would work. I could be way off though. You'll need to use threaded disconnects for your gas, but it's probably better do to that anyway.

Back