Hello from North East Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have made a few batches of wine and also two batches of beer in the past. I have not brewed in a long time (years :( ) but I'm starting back up with a Brewer's Best kit tonight -- IPA.

I just wanted to say hello!

Welcome to the group and back to the hobby. I'm currently visiting my folks for the holidays down in Uniontown (between Akron and Canton) where I grew up.

Cheers from over in Toledo! Just made an all grain IPA, gotta love the hops.

image-3297983513.jpg

Made it into the primary late that night. I'm a bit concerned that I missed the OG mark. The recipe says it should be 1.081 - 1.085. My measurement was 1.078 -- I added too much water before measuring.

Can anyone tell me what the damage will be from adding too much water and lowering the OG?

It'll be absolutely fine, especially in a beer that big. In a side by side tasting with one which hit the mark, you may be able to discern the difference. But it will not create any flaw. No damage done. Just a few ounces of extra beer.

Either that,or you didn't get the wort & top off water mixed well enough. could well be right on the money. I worked in Cleveland as did pop for years. Funny the wife & I are both from the same street in Lakewood. I made wine for years myself,then 2 years ago this month we decided to get into beer. You're not alone.
Frosty won't be either. 29F outside minus windchill & I gota go shoppin. Cheapskate Ford didn't pay me till today. Talk about breach of contract. Anyway,enough rambling about C-town. Welcome home,maggot brain...:fro:

Back