Father of the Year Award

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnleary

Reaction score
I swear this wasn't a setup. I drank my last bottle of my Stone IPA Clone (delicious btw) last night and rinsed out the bottle and threw it on the "bottle drying rack" without thinking. I looked over and had to snap a pic.

Has anyone else had one of those moments where parenting and beer brewing collide?

Often I get some odd looking stares from my neighbors passing by with my 20G boil pot steaming away in the driveway in front of my garage. I know they are looking for the distilling equipment thinking I am moonshining! :drunk:

father_of_the_year.jpg

Are you collecting breast milk in beer bottles? :)

I have fun when combining parenting and brewing. I liked the reaction my wife had when I filled a beer bottle with juice and had my son walk around the house drinking from it. It was also fun having him smell the hop bags. He use to make an ugly face. I filmed it the last time I brewed, but this time he took a few sniffs and said he liked it. That was a proud daddy moment.

I have that same drying rack and have been tempted to do that as well. The wife would flip out though if I did, lol.

Haha yeah I got the odd stares when I first moved into my neighborhood. Its very "white picket fence" but now the neighbors always come over when I'm brewing and drink my beer. I also have had a few neighbor brew days where I let them do the brewing and I just sit back and drink and make sure there doing everything correctly. We currently have a community porter fermenting for new years eve.

Yes! Awesome.

My most recent FOTY award happened a couple of months ago. I was at the park with my younger son, and he was playing some imaginary story-game. He comes running over to where I'm sitting on the bench with something invisible in his hand. "Dad," he shouts, loud enough for all the other parents to hear, "I brought you your favorite. It's a cherry soaked in alcohol!" Sweet--glad the whole neighborhood knows that Dad's a drunk.

Coldies said:
Haha yeah I got the odd stares when I first moved into my neighborhood. Its very "white picket fence" but now the neighbors always come over when I'm brewing and drink my beer. I also have had a few neighbor brew days where I let them do the brewing and I just sit back and drink and make sure there doing everything correctly. We currently have a community porter fermenting for new years eve.

I have a couple that I will put to work the next time they come by and watch. Great idea!

As the father of a three-week old (fourth overall) and avid brewer I heartily endorse that picture!

My wife sanitizes soothers, bottles, etc. by boiling them. I keep telling her just to use Starsan but so far, no go.

jerrodm said:
Yes! Awesome.

My most recent FOTY award happened a couple of months ago. I was at the park with my younger son, and he was playing some imaginary story-game. He comes running over to where I'm sitting on the bench with something invisible in his hand. "Dad," he shouts, loud enough for all the other parents to hear, "I brought you your favorite. It's a cherry soaked in alcohol!" Sweet--glad the whole neighborhood knows that Dad's a drunk.

Ha!! Love it. Yea I had my daughter getting daddy some of "daddies juice" out of the bottom of the fridge at an early age. Hopefully we teach them moderation and responsibility when it comes to our craft.

Latest posts

Back