Starter kit.. Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinksy

Reaction score
Hi. Every1

I am going to start up home brewing and am hoping for some help please!
I've got a few things I would lyk some advice on, Iam after a good starter kit any could recommend I don't want to spend a lot of money just yet! Also is it best to bottle up my lager or keg it?? As well I am going to ferment it in my shed but it's a bit cold up here in Scotland haha.will the cold effect how the brew turns out??

I have seen a starter kit in tesco think it's a youngs 1??
I would be really gratefull for any advice

Cheers:mug:

ok some points mate.

cheap sure, go to wilkinsons get yourself a brew kit, you get your yeast your bin and your kit no bother it costs about 20 quid.

use 2 litre pet bottles, get some tesco value lemonade and your away.

since your in the scotch part of britain brew yourself some lager, it will turn out a treat, brew in your house and condition outside. sorted mate

Saint

if you want to keg your looking at 100 quid mate, so plastic bottles is your easy start at the begining

Brilliant! Some good tips there:) the only thing is I can't ferment in the house it has to be the shed, u think it will be too cold?
Thanks for your help! Wilkos here I come!!!

At a thought I would say that it is pretty cold in the shed, but if you have some old duvets or anything like that then wrap it up well after pitching your yeast to insulate it, it will def take longer then it will say on the packet for the brew to mature though as the cold temperature will slow things down.

As long as it doesnt freeze you should be alright. anyway spring is coming it'll warm up....try and keep it in view of a window so the sunlight can heat it up

Cheers for reply! Iam thinking of buying a thermostatic heater to go in the brew seen 1 on eBay for £20 or lyk u say use some sort of insulation.. Or if it doesn't brew I'll go to shop and buy a crate haha

Back