Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamaboy2001

Reaction score
Does add Honey really change the taste? plz reply

I add Honey to my Alaska Amber and hope I didn't mess the flv up by add Honey..

I have used it twice. Once added early and once added late in the boil. I couldnt really tell there was honey in it at all. Your experience may vary.

How much honey and malt did you use? I treat honey just like sugar. It has a delicate flavor but will dry a beer out just like sugar. I don't see how it would ruin a brew but will dry it out in larger percentages.

How much honey and malt did you use? I treat honey just like sugar. It has a delicate flavor but will dry a beer out just like sugar. I don't see how it would ruin a brew but will dry it out in larger percentages.

I use 1lb of Honey and 6lb of malt..

When I use honey I add it after flameout at about 180F as it's cooling. If you are boiling your honey, you might as well save yourself the money and use table sugar. Boiling strips away much, if not all, of the delicate flavors and aromas. I didn't like how much it dried out my last batch so I may switch to honey malt instead for my next batch that calls for it.

I use 1lb of Honey and 6lb of malt..

I haven't used honey in sometime but do see a lot of people easily using a pound in a 5 gallon batch. You might find the brew a little too dry but you have to have some type of benchmark if you plan on using it again.

Back