Avery Ale to the Chief

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champurrado

Reaction score
What a wonderful surprise. Stomping off to The Gate on a cold Sunday afternoon to watch the Celtics I came across a magnificent Ale. Avery's Ale to the Chief hit on every sensory button available to Human Kind. The rush of Hops with each sip floored me. Sceptical of the first pint, I ordered another just to confirm my first impressions and was rewarded with that beautiful finish. Inspiring? Of course. Surprising? Absolutely.

If you can get hold of a pint of Avery's Ale to the Chief, grab it, you won't be disappointed.

sigh.

Wish I had a few more bottles of Ale to the Chief. That was an excellent beer that I enjoyed thoroughly.

:(

I can't wait until Avery is available up here...

I like Maharaja and the Ale to the Chief. Both are awesome.

The Maharaja clone I brewed that is sitting on dry hops is linked here in case you missed the thread. It's spot on though the hop schedule is from 2006. They seem to change it around a bit every year although simcoe is always the anchoring hop.

I'm betting Avery would give out the Ale to the Chief recipe to anyone who asks... if anybody has it please post. :)

Ale to the Chief – 5gal
OG: 1.076 AE 1.013

Malt:
Pale 2-Row 94%
C-150 2%
Dark Munich 2%
Honey Malt 2%

Hops:
60min - Magnum 14.4% - 1.30 oz
30min - Cascade 6.8% - 1.00 oz
0min - Cascade 6.8% - 2.14 oz

Dry Hop:
Cascade 4.95 oz

Yeast: 1056
They didn't give me the yeast on this one but based on the others I would assume-
California at 74 deg.

Back