Accidently Cold Conditioned My Beer :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reim0027

Reaction score
I brewed a Cream Stout a few months ago. I followed the directions, and therefore, I didn't let it age like many of you recommend. On hindsight, it has been getting smoother and smoother.

Well, recently, I have been pretty busy, so no beer. I normally keep 1 bottle in the fridge and replace it when I drink it. Since I have been busy, the bottle stayed in the fridge for at least 1-1/2 weeks.

I drank that bottle today. Since I have been reading the forums, and just recently read about cold conditioning, I checked the bottom of the bottle - and there it was :D. The beer is much smoother and had a better finish.

So, now I am keeping 6 bottles in the fridge and rotating them, so by the time I drink a bottle, it has been in the fridge for about 1 week (I usually drink 1 bottle per day).

Cool :mug:

No doubt about that. This is my third batch. Every time I crack open a beer, I keep thinking "I actually made this". I hope I continue to feel that way as time goes on and I have more batches under my belt.

Back