So I went shopping today..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flack

Reaction score
Nothing too extravagant.. just thought I'd share my beer pr0n
1215081803.jpg

Moylan's Dragoons stout
Sera Nevada 12th release harvest Wet hop Ale
The Abyss Stout
Black Buttte Porter
Full sail barleywine ale

Chimay ale 7% abv
Chimay ale Tipel 8% abv
Chimay ale 9% abv

Chimay goblet

I love the Full Sail Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale. There's a shop up the street that sells the '07 vintage . . which I think is a touch nicer than the '08.

What did you think about the Abyss? One of my friends said it's not as good as last years Dissident. I haven't had a chance to go pick one up to give it a shot.

What did you think about the Abyss? One of my friends said it's not as good as last years Dissident. I haven't had a chance to go pick one up to give it a shot.

I had the Abyss a few night ago. It was good, but not overly impressive. I don't think it was worth the price. A bit on the dry side IMO.

I picked up a couple bottles of the Abyss in January and thought they were pretty good. I think that was the first, and so far only, time I spent $10 on a bottle of beer so I'm not running out to get more. I was going to go to the Deschutes brewpub when they had it on tap a month or so ago, but never got around to it.

I don't know if you can really compare an imperial stout (abyss) with a sour red (dissident), but I have tried both and I'd go for Abyss.

I don't know if you can really compare an imperial stout (abyss) with a sour red (dissident), but I have tried both and I'd go for Abyss.

I must have the two backwards then. My friend described it more as a sour, which would explain why he didn't care for it (he hates sours).

I'll be visiting the Deschutes Brewery in January with a large group of friends for lunch, we're in Sun River every January for a get together and some of us make the habit of going to their place for food and a beer or two.

I'll be visiting the Deschutes Brewery in January with a large group of friends for lunch, we're in Sun River every January for a get together and some of us make the habit of going to their place for food and a beer or two.

I will be at Sunriver in Feb. I look forward to hitting up Deschutes. On a side note, I was really disappointed with the sierra nevada Wet Harvest this year. I've had a couple bottles (I'm an hour from the brewery) and they were really weak. I've had it in the past and the fresh hop flavor was lacking this year.

I will be at Sunriver in Feb. I look forward to hitting up Deschutes. On a side note, I was really disappointed with the sierra nevada Wet Harvest this year. I've had a couple bottles (I'm an hour from the brewery) and they were really weak. I've had it in the past and the fresh hop flavor was lacking this year.

I love the Deschutes Brewery, great food and pretty damn good beer.

Yeah It's been a while since I've been to Sunriver but I've never been to the brewery so I'm looking forward to it.

Yesterday I picked up my order from BevMo; 2 SA Chocolate Bock to help bring the ladies in the family closer to beer and 4 Abyss. This'll be the first time I get to try the Abyss and hope it's good for the price. I took pics but then realized I couldn't down load to the 'puter.

Back