Yankee Ingenuity VI- Mud season session 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
I'm trying to wrap up the ski season here in VT, and thinking about how Yankee Ingenuity VI may unfold. Evanmars mentioned something about hosting the next YI event.
Seems some of us are getting that itch to brew together again. So with that said. I'll start the thread.:rockin:

I'd love to depending on when it ends up being. Looks like I missed a great one last time... :(

I will keep checking back.

Not the weekend of May 3rd. That's my one huge, can't get-out-of-it conflict. Unless your wife wants to babysit my daughter while we brew ;)

I'm not locked into Saturday's either. I'm just throwing out dates that look good to me. ;) I'm flexible and can typically mash in at any time of the day with some notice.

Just so's you know, I'm good with any weekend day in May. :mug:

Do we want to put a poll up? Can you vote for more than one selection in the polls? :confused:

Should we limit it to only Sundays if Jester promises to bring Red? ;)

Hey Boys!
Yeah, I'm gettin' Itchy! I can't commit to any date with my schedule, but will try to make it for any date...

i usually work weekends in the summer and i don't know my schedule yet. i'll know more in a week or so... sorry to keep you hanging. :(

and of course even if i miss the 18th, jester and i will organize a brew party of our own this summer. or i'll organize it and volunteer jester's house... and beer... muah hahahaha!

I will be travelling in the new england area from the 15th until the 20th. I might be able to sneak out there if this throw down happens.

Probably going to grill some brats and burgers or anything anybody wants to bring. Bring something to share. I'll let somebody else coordinate dishes if it is deemed necessary. Or you could just post here what you plan on bringing.

Do we want to make this a family affair? I have a 6 year old daughter. I could kick her and my wife out if it is just an adult only thing. Being a Sunday, I don't see too many getting totally faced and out-of-control. I've got a fairly good sized back yard for the kids to play in. Not many toys, just a swing set. I might get a volleyball/badmitten set.

I've got one hose and no splitter, so if anybody has one, please bring it.

I've got a four-way splitter, I'll bring that and an extra hose.

I think my wife would appreciate a family-friendly affair. She's got a badmitten set if you want us to bring it. Your call, though - they could always swing by to say hi and go hang out up at Grandma's house, though.

the_bird said:
I spent WAY too many years of my life on your street!

Too many as in, "I'm not going to set foot on that street again!" or as in, "That girl was crazy, but maybe she has moved so it should be safe to go to the brewfest."?

Edit: I guess more of the latter.

evanmars said:
Too many as in, "I'm not going to set foot on that street again!" or as in, "That girl was crazy, but maybe she has moved so it should be safe to go to the brewfest."?

Well, her mom's crazy as in "She-might-see-a-bunch-of-guys-brewing-in-someone's-driveway-and-decide-we're-cooking-meth-and-call-the-cops-crazy."

Just as fair warning ;)

the_bird said:
Well, her mom's crazy as in "She-might-see-a-bunch-of-guys-brewing-in-someone's-driveway-and-decide-we're-cooking-meth-and-call-the-cops-crazy."

Just as fair warning ;)

Cool. Syndey's friend's mother is a cop with the Bennington P.D. There are a couple of State Troopers living down the block. Should be fun. :rockin:

I brew at my best with small children running around. Heck my 5 1/2 year would probably be happy to discuss decoction mashing with anyone that will listen.

Either way I'm game. If I bring the kiddies, I'll likely leave my partner at home so she can have a child free day (enhancing the domestic tranquility index). :)

the_bird said:
Well, her mom's crazy as in "She-might-see-a-bunch-of-guys-brewing-in-someone's-driveway-and-decide-we're-cooking-meth-and-call-the-cops-crazy...

OTOH, we'll probably be in the backyard watching the wee ones.

evanmars said:
Probably going to grill some brats and burgers or anything anybody wants to bring. Bring something to share. I'll let somebody else coordinate dishes if it is deemed necessary. Or you could just post here what you plan on bringing...

I'm open to suggestions...

Bring some brews to sample. I've got room if somebody can't drive home and doesn't have to work on Monday morning and doesn't mind the flurry of activity that happens when Monday comes and we are getting ready for school/work.

So far, I count Glibbidy and the_bird as definites. Anybody else?

If anybody wants to come and just hang out and watch, that's cool, too. You don't need to bring anything, but yourself.

If you have any friends interested, bring them too! Just let me know so that I can get a head count.

May 18 is excellent for me ... I will PM for directions, and thx for having us ... now must think of what I want tbrew ...

I think I will leave the kids at home ... I know my 15 yr old would balk at such an opportunity !

Back