Scored this kegerator on Craigslist! Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamCanFly

Reaction score
IMG_20110615_181530.jpg

So i was looking at Craigslist, and this kegerator came up and it was really cheap! It was so cheap that I couldn't let it go. I called the guy and it was still available so I went and picked it up. It's old and dirty but it still works. I'm not sure how well it works because I just got home with it. It makes a buzzing sound when I plug it in.

So now I'm trying to decide what I should do with it. I think it's too big for my little one car garage. I mean, I could make it fit if I had to. I already have a converted refrigerator out there with a much smaller footprint and a freezer. I'm thinking about cleaning it up and selling it. Maybe even selling my converted refrigerator as well (because it's old and uses a lot of electricity). Then I could get a nice new fridge for the house and take the old one from the house for my new kegerator.

Anyways, how much do yall think I could get for this if I cleaned it up, and it is working? How much if it's not working? How much would it be to fix if it's not working?

It looks like someone has used some southern engineering on it. It appears to be working, and getting cooler. The condenser coils were getting hot, and there's a fan pointed at them, but it never came on. I traced the wire back to the back and found that it was held to another wire with a wire nut. I unplugged the whole thing.
I'm going to have to figure out how to wire this thing up the right way before I try it out again. Anybody know where I can find resources on fixing this thing?
IMG_20110615_201745.jpg

IMG_20110615_201859.jpg

Rig it up as a multi-chamber kegerator/fermentation chiller/Lager Chiller-Keg Cold storage.

:rockin:

Back