Questions about opening a homebrew supply shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tochsner

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to lease a perfect space for a homebrew supply shop.
I am comfortable with everything I will need to do to get it going except for where to buy the product. Are there homebrew supply shop wholesalers? Does anyone here run a shop and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

one of these days, we're going to open one here. I talked to the guys at Pour Bros. in Gillette, WY (my old LHBS) and they started off with LD Carlson.

Good luck. I think having a web presence is going to be key, because that's where a whole lot of business is done these days. That's going to be your biggest competitor, and you very well may have a really hard time keeping your prices low enough.

What you can offer that a website can't is a real human who knows what's in stock, which widget to choose, and so forth. Good customer service is getting more and more rare, yet more and more important. The person who walks through that door is your highest priority. I've got nearly ten years of retail experience, so I'm not just making stuff up. I'll pay a bit more if the store is organized and the people nice, helpful, and knowledgeable (without being know-it-alls). Even better if I can also call or email ahead to be sure you have what I need before driving all the way down there.

I've always wanted to open my own store, so I'm slightly envious. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Whatever you do, treat your customers well. I love my lhbs but the 2 I tried prior, not so much. Good luck

There are a few more things to work out but I think we will be able to open the store within a couple of months. Are there any LHBS shop owners or employees here? I am curious who you use for a wholesaler and what you think.

Only being a bit snarky, but did you try a google search? I did, and found 4-5 different ones right off the bat. LDCarlson was first in the results.

good luck!

Latest posts

Back