Leave the C02 connected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
I will be heading out of town for two weeks, and it will be the first extended vacation since getting the keezer set up. Just to make sure...Is there any reason to turn the C02 off and disconnect from the kegs? Or will leaving it as is now be fine?

Thanks all.

if there's no leaks, that is fine.

since I have shut off valves on my Y splitter, I usually shut those off when I'm gonna be out of town for more than a couple days. peace of mind more than anything.

No harm done either way if you have a leak proof system.

If you have any kind of leak, leaving it on may drain your tank and shutting it off may flatten your beer...depending on where the leak is.

I'm a piece-of-mind person so if I'm out of town for several weeks, I'll shut off the hoses to my washing machine, shut off the valves to my outdoor faucetts, turn the water heater down to "pilot"...etc...

...so you can guess where my vote comes down... ;)

Leave them hooked up.

If you like I will go to your place and check to be sure the carbonation is ok. :mug:

Back