Used 15 gallon kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbrew

Reaction score
hey whats going on fellow home brewers of new jersey. Its time I step my game up and start building a new 15 gallon brew system. I was wondering if any one has two kegs that they are looking to get rid of for a reasonable price. Let me know if you are willing to sell them.

Cheers:mug:

Someone on craigslist is selling a keg and 2 sixtels for 100, but that won't help you too much. I email Flying Fish about the same topic, they said they get their kegs from Microstar. Haven't bothered asking the other breweries or anyone like Hunterdon Distributors yet.

Yea i have been looking all around. I have emailed a bunch of liquor stores and bars in the area hoping i could just give them the deposit they pay on it. I have a couple places willing to do it just have to wait til people return the empties.

Actually in NJ it is illegal for a scrap yard to accept a keg unless they are shady and don't care about the law. Last year I called all the yards in my area and they all told me the same thing.

Actually in NJ it is illegal for a scrap yard to accept a keg unless they are shady and don't care about the law. Last year I called all the yards in my area and they all told me the same thing.

Yup I bet they did if you CALLED them....I wonder what the result would have been if you showed up. Lots of shady people out there unfortunately.

So I guess other than getting them from brewery (and you should probably get a reciept).....

Personally, I Love my Megapots with all the bells and whistles, but they are Pricey.

The one I went to in person to sell some copper scraps to from a home remodel project said the same thing in person. I would imagine if they got caught with one on there property they would get nailed with a fine probably more then the keg is worth in scrap.

I know for a fact that scrap yards do accept them, unofficially if you like, but they are there to be found. You just have to get to them before they get gobbled up by the heavy equipment they run around in the yards. 90% of the ones I run into are already pretty badly beat up in the big pile (under the equally beat up 3 BBL jacketed tanks and such).

Back