So, ss conduit or...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftlstrings

Reaction score
So, should I place my wiring for an in place e-brewery in my garage in the wall before putting up ss sheet on the wall or should I get some ss conduit to use between the control panel and the plug in enclosure, just in case I move again? No real plans to move for a while though.

I'm a fan of external and readilly accessable wiring. If you ever want to make a change going into a wall will be a huge PITA. But if you place it in conduit you can move, remove, or reroute to your hearts current desire. So I'm in for the tastefull conduit, clips and boxes mounted in plain sight.
Wheelchair Bob

ftlstrings said:
So, should I place my wiring for an in place e-brewery in my garage in the wall before putting up ss sheet on the wall or should I get some ss conduit to use between the control panel and the plug in enclosure, just in case I move again? No real plans to move for a while though.

Run the pipe in the wall then cover it with your sheeting.

I like the thought of wiring in the wall to clean up the look. If you over size the conduit in the wall it would ease future rewiring or removal.

All good thoughts. I'm leaning more toward in-wall electric, for the cleaner look and so I won't be tempted to hang stuff on my conduit. Plus getting ss conduit in kirksville mo isn't easy as going to home despot.

Pipe it in the wall. Spot a few extra boxes and blank them off for future. Run 3/4 if you need extra room.

I don't know why you would run stainless pipe. It would be a ***** to bend and cut.

Ss just because everything else is,and so I can keep it clean with the same stuff. It's just another overkill bit, I suppose.

ftlstrings said:
Ss just because everything else is,and so I can keep it clean with the same stuff. It's just another overkill bit, I suppose.

Yeah- your wasting your money.

SS conduit? Do they even make conduit in SS? Makes me wonder what your garage looks like?

What gauge wire are you running? Service entrance cable? Single 6G wires? There are codes to be followed. . . kinda.

PLOVE said:
SS conduit? Do they even make conduit in SS? Makes me wonder what your garage looks like?

What gauge wire are you running? Service entrance cable? Single 6G wires? There are codes to be followed. . . kinda.

Yeah stainless exists but it's screw pipe so he will have to buy nipples and thread them together or use compression fittings. $$$$

There's 6g running to my gfi box, then to my breaker box. These will be run in standard plastic conduit and the boxes will live under or beside the brew table. I'm planning a control panel on the right hand side of the 6 foot table, up on the wall and a separate protected box for my 120v and 240v plug ins and (shielded) temp probe plug ins to live, closer to the kettles on the left.

The pieces to be in ss conduit/pipe would only be from breaker box up to control panel and control panel to plug ins. It's simple enough to route it through the wall, but seems easier to relocate it if its in exterior conduit, should the need arise.

Back