help me decide between two kegging kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserghost

Reaction score
bottler here, soon to be kegger.

i'm going to build a kegerator, but first i'm going to order the kegs, and the two-tap tower kit from either birdman or kegconnection.

in the end, i think birdman will be cheaper, but i'm wondering if i will be missing out on any nice bits. as far as i can tell, these two kits look pretty similar:

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-2-tap-beer-tower-homebrew/

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=467

for both, i would:

• pass on the kegs

• get 5 lb co2 tank

• upgrade faucets to perlick

–––––––––

both advertise threaded quick disconnects with MFL swivels (did some searching around and still not sure what MFL is – link?)

i have a pretty good toolset already, what would you suggest? are these the same?

If you look in the vendor showcase Keg Connection does have a discount code available that will lower the price.

The difference seems to be a different manifold and the KC one comes with a handy wrench.

I have never used Birdman Brewing so I cannot comment on them

I have placed several orders with Keg Connection and the service was great.

I've purchased several times from Birdman. They are awesome. Fast. Good quality. Good service.

Make sure you calculate shipping charges on these before you make your final decision. I bought a 4 keg kit from KC and it was a great price and product. I cannot comment on others' kits.

thanks for the feedback so far.

@beergolf –*any tips on whether one manifold is best?

MFL = male flare fitting. The male side is called an MFL fitting, the female side is called a swivel nut. These have a plastic washer (integrated or separate, depends on the fitting) so you tighten by hand and then barely snug with a wrench.

It allows you to swap things around very quickly without having to yank hoses off barbed fittings (with can be annoying or downright impossible for stiff barrier tubing). Most people use them to quickly switch between ball lock corny QDs, pin lock corny QDs, sanke couplers, etc. I have them on my system and love them.

I've heard keg connection is great, I've bought some smaller items from Birdman and they were fantastic.

:mug:

Back