• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FILLABLE Medical Oxygen Tank (no Rx needed)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
SOLD - I have for sale a medical oxygen tank type ME with built in regulator (increments 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2. 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15). The ME tanks holds 680 liters of oxygen. It has 200 psi left which means there is about 60 liters left. It also has a good hydro date till March of 2013. Completely honest you need to fill it once and that will last longer than your liver. It has an oxygen valve with cap (last picture) that allows it to be filled directly from a welding oxygen tank so no prescription needed. Both myself and another have got these tanks filled before with no problem from a gas supplier with welding oxygen. I will ship but will have to empty the tank first.

Price reduced to $60. If you are looking to get into using oxygen this is far superior to slightly cheaper box store kits that run $20 for a crappy regulator without gauge that leaks, and $7-9 for a 1.4 oz tank which lasts 10-15 batches if you are one of the lucky ones to not get a leaky regulator. To fill this costs about $8 and will give you enough for about 680 5-gal batches. Plus with the regulator you can accurately measure the LPM as opposed to flying blind.

will there be issues filling the tank based on medical oxygen and the rx thing? how did you get around the issue? or did the welding supply company not ask?

threeporks your next in line. The reason you do not need a Rx is cause it has a port (last picture) that allows it to be hooked up to a welding oxygen tank. The medical refills require a special connector that is only hooked up to medical oxygen so you need to get a Rx to fill a normal medical tank. However, cause this has a built in regulator with a normal oxygen connector it can be filled off welding oxygen which you do not need a Rx to get. Myself and another have both done this at our local gas supplier. Just tell them you want to fill it with welding oxygen and show them the port. These tanks are filled to about 2000 psi in case they ask, but they should already know that. Let me know your zip code and I will get a shipping estimate.

Back