How Stuff Works

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petho

Reaction score
Discovery Channel has a show called How Stuff Works. Todays episode is all about BEER! The do a great segment on home brewing and interview Charlie Papazian. This show is an hour of gold.

It airs today at 1pm pacific time on Discover Channel.

Tivo - On!

Discovery Channel has a show called How Stuff Works. Todays episode is all about BEER! The do a great segment on home brewing and interview Charlie Papazian. This show is an hour of gold.

It airs today at 1pm pacific time on Discover Channel.

Tivo - On!

I think you meant the science channel

No, the discovery channel claims that it is on. I can't find it.

hswbeer.jpg

It was pretty cool, but nothing you guys don't already know. Although I did learn that the "Urquell" in Pilsner Urquell is pronounced "irk well". :)

Good interviews with the guys at Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, and some small shop named Anheuser something...

I watched it back at the beginning of the month. I thought it was really cool. I can't say I learned anything new, but now I want to try Theobroma pretty bad.

I watched it back at the beginning of the month. I thought it was really cool. I can't say I learned anything new, but now I want to try Theobroma pretty bad.

saw it today and im trying to find out where to buy it locally for when its back in production

I DVR'd it a while back. Decent info. that will hopefully get some more peeps interested in real beer and maybe even brewing. I've showed it to a few friends.

gah that website is frustrating. It never made it to the Canadian discovery channel.

The section of craft brewing was interesting and who knew you could get a masters degree in brewing!

It was pretty cool, but nothing you guys don't already know. Although I did learn that the "Urquell" in Pilsner Urquell is pronounced "irk well". :)

Good interviews with the guys at Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, and some small shop named Anheuser something...
Who pronounced that? An American announcer or a German/Czech rep (the border's moved several times...)?

I lived in Germany for 9 years (also been to Plzen) and it's always been pronounced more like "Oar-qwell", meaning "original spring". :D

Back