digital thermometer cool off alarms?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
Hi all, I just had a thought and wondered if anyone knows of a thermometer that has an alarm setting that triggers when you cool off to a certain temp.

I would like to preheat my cooler MLT with my strike water, set the thermo up and have it beep once it gets down to a preset temp. Mine only works the other way, telling me when I get up to a set temp.

I could then go do something else while my cooler warms up, and not have to worry about when to add the grain.

Lazy, I know....but convenient. Lol

Thanks!

Thanks for the link! I searched, but apparently with the wrong key words. Mine is a cheapo, not surprised its lacking.

Glad to help. There are a couple things I'm not sure about, though-- one is the temperature range. I suspect it's ok, but it's possible that the thermometer is intended for temperatures higher than typical brewing temps. The low end for BBQ is probably a bit high for mashing, so it's possible that the settings start at something like 180°.

The other is the resolution. One of the comments made it sound like it might be 5°, which may be too coarse. But I'm sure that a suitable thermometer exists somewhere.

Back