Downshide of rocking forced carbed keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I've heard if you do this you can ruin the ability for head retention in the beer. I've also been told you won't ruin head retention if you rock softly. I need a beer carbed by tomorrow night so I can't just let it sit under 30 lbs of pressure for 2 days like I normally do.

Pat

I rocked a keg of ipa last weekend and just yesterday got it back down to appropriate Carb levels.... was getting 3/4 foam before degaussing.

...was getting 3/4 foam before degaussing.

Ha:
692502_f520.jpg

I've done the shake method in a pinch - just be careful and don't crank the pressure up too high while you're doing it. I'd start at 20 to speed things up at the beginning, and gradually dial down to serving pressure. If you're at serving pressure and no more gas is going in, you're done.

The only way I could see rocking a keg hurting head retention would be if you use too much keg lube and a glob of grease gets into the beer.

Back