First batch is in the bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
First batch after graduating from Mr. Beer that is. I would like to thank all of you who have answered my many questions in the last 6 weeks and also all of you who have posted great tips & tricks.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCPTV6sCLjJ7WDw&feat=directlink

Today was bottling day for my Nukey Brown Ale (Northern Brewers kit) and it went really well. I especially appreciate some of the tips in the bottling section. I got the 90° pvc elbow and modified it so that it was about 1/4" from the bottom of the bucket - that left about a whole 2oz. of beer in the bucket when done. The 3" hose attaching the bottling wand to the bucket was another sweet trick and last but probably best (from the perspective of not angering SWMBO) was setting the bottling bucket up over the dishwasher door. There were several ounces of drippage and being able to shut the door and hit "Start" was much better than getting the mop out!

Thanks again to all of you! I'll let everyone know how it tastes in about 2 weeks (I hate waiting). :mug:

You really should have started your next batch two weeks ago, but hey we are all still learning. :)
Welcome to making beer they way you like it.

You really should have started your next batch two weeks ago, but hey we are all still learning. :)
Welcome to making beer they way you like it.

I know you're right but here in the San DIego area this is the hot season and we don't have AC in the house. I kept the last batch cool by putting it in a bucket and throwing some ice in occasionally but it barely stayed below 70°. I think I will wait until the heat breaks before starting the next batch :(

Back