Peach wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewslinger19

Reaction score
So I've been thinking the next beer I make will be a peach wheat ale. Does anyone have any suggestions , recipes, or words of advice who's made one before... Appreciate anything you can tell me. As always thank you

brewslinger19 said:
So I've been thinking the next beer I make will be a peach wheat ale. Does anyone have any suggestions , recipes, or words of advice who's made one before... Appreciate anything you can tell me. As always thank you

I'm currently drinking a fresh batch of a recipe from the AHA recipe of the week and NHC medal winner called "Peaches and Cream Hefeweizen" and it's awesome!

You can do a search at Americanhomebrewersassociation.org

They have it for both AG and extract, highly recommend it:)

duboman said:
I'm currently drinking a fresh batch of a recipe from the AHA recipe of the week and NHC medal winner called "Peaches and Cream Hefeweizen" and it's awesome!

----------
I'll definitely look into that it sounds delicious..
Thanks for your help

I did a peach saison a few years back that was out of control good. I used under-ripe peaches, and a ton of them. 3.5 lbs. of a frozen puree I made of fresh peaches went in at 20 minutes then 2 lbs. flame out, then I threw 5 lbs. more of chopped into the secondary for 10 days. The reason for so much was because everything I had read said that peaches don't really add that much flavor. I also considered juicing 10 pounds of peaches then reducing it down into a syrup. It was a really good beer.

Peach Saison

Homebrewtastic said:
I did a peach saison a few years back that was out of control good. I used under-ripe peaches, and a ton of them. 3.5 lbs. of a frozen puree I made of fresh peaches went in at 20 minutes then 2 lbs. flame out, then I threw 5 lbs. more of chopped into the secondary for 10 days. The reason for so much was because everything I had read said that peaches don't really add that much flavor. I also considered juicing 10 pounds of peaches then reducing it down into a syrup. It was a really good beer.

Peach Saison

-------------
Thanks that sounds awesome definitely love saisons , is it better to use real fruit rather than extracts? and is it more difficult to do so? It sounds like the extract is a little easier but if I'm able to use real fruit is rather do that...

-------------
Thanks that sounds awesome definitely love saisons , is it better to use real fruit rather than extracts? and is it more difficult to do so? It sounds like the extract is a little easier but if I'm able to use real fruit is rather do that...

Definitely go with real fruit. I did a beer with a raspberry extract when I first brewing and it really tasted artificial. Yes using real fruit is more labor intensive, but the end result is so much better. And if possible get some local fresh peaches at the height of the season. I did mine with peaches from a tree in my front yard, and they were way more flavorful than store bought.

l would go with an american ale yeast, or something else clean. Wheach by Ofallon is by far the best peach wheat I have had and the yeast in certainly not heffe. I have made a peach wheat ale and would recommend only using real fruit. Freezing it will rupture the cell walls, and greatly increase your flavor. Also, using ripe fruit is the way to go, so shop ahead of time. Adding 1 # per gallon to secondary is probably a good starting point.

+1 on this recipe, I brewed it last year and it's pretty awesome. Here's the recipe as I brewed it, scaled down for a five gallon batch.

0.83 lb Rice Hulls
4.50 lb Weyerman Wheat Malt
3.50 lb Weyerman Pilsner Malt
1.00 lb Briess Light Munich Malt, 10L
0.41 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops
0.41 oz Liberty [4.30 %] (50 min) Hops
3.33 oz Peach Flavoring (Bottling)
5.83 oz Lactose (Bottling)
1 Pkgs Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan with appropriate starter

Mash in at 112° F (44° C) for 20 minutes. Infuse to raise temp to 144° F (62° C) and hold for 20 minutes. Pull first decoction and bring slowly to a boil. Add back, raise temp to 152° F (67° C) and hold for 60 min. Pull second decoction and add back to raise temp to 159° F (71° C) and hold for 30 minutes. Infuse to mash out at 168° F (76° C). Sparge to collect 6.75 gallons of wort. 90 minute boil. Add first hop addition and bring to a boil. Add second hop addition with 50 minutes remaining.

Primary Fermentation: 65° F (18° C) until finished​

The original recipe called for WLP300 but my LHBS was out at the time so I used Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan. I also used peach flavoring but the next time I brew this I think I'll try adding real peaches to the secondary and if necessary supplement the a little bit of flavoring at bottling.

microbusbrewery said:
+1 on this recipe, I brewed it last year and it's pretty awesome. Here's the recipe as I brewed it, scaled down for a five gallon batch.

0.83 lb Rice Hulls
4.50 lb Weyerman Wheat Malt
3.50 lb Weyerman Pilsner Malt
1.00 lb Briess Light Munich Malt, 10L
0.41 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops
0.41 oz Liberty [4.30 %] (50 min) Hops
3.33 oz Peach Flavoring (Bottling)
5.83 oz Lactose (Bottling)
1 Pkgs Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan with appropriate starter

Mash in at 112° F (44° C) for 20 minutes. Infuse to raise temp to 144° F (62° C) and hold for 20 minutes. Pull first decoction and bring slowly to a boil. Add back, raise temp to 152° F (67° C) and hold for 60 min. Pull second decoction and add back to raise temp to 159° F (71° C) and hold for 30 minutes. Infuse to mash out at 168° F (76° C). Sparge to collect 6.75 gallons of wort. 90 minute boil. Add first hop addition and bring to a boil. Add second hop addition with 50 minutes remaining.

Primary Fermentation: 65° F (18° C) until finished

The original recipe called for WLP300 but my LHBS was out at the time so I used Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan. I also used peach flavoring but the next time I brew this I think I'll try adding real peaches to the secondary and if necessary supplement the a little bit of flavoring at bottling.

I also used 3068, in addition I added the lactose at the 10 minute mark, next time I am going to forgo the lactose as I thought the beer is a little sweet for my taste but all in all it's a great thirst quencher!

image-2574215423.jpg

I made a Peach Wheat last year, and I used a peach flavored tea from the grocery. Just dry "tea" the brew and it adds a wonderful aroma without any 'fruitness' in the flavor

is there mores specific directions for your peach saison recipe i just like to make everything exact

Back