• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Keggle Dallas Craigslist welded; not mine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say not bad. I am also selling a keggle but I had listed it at 150 in the San Antonio area. I would even match that price.

Considering you can do it yourself weldless. I'd say no. I make them and get the keg shell for $30, the false bottom and valve for $70 and the sight thermometer for $40 plus around $15 in cutting supplies. Grand total of: $155. If you have a dremel you can do it yourself, I'd sell mine for a little more that what I made it for, but you would have everything you need.

Assuming you already have all of the tools and know how, it is always cheaper doing it yourself. That goes for oil changes, home repairs and brewing. So if you have angle grinders, dremels, die grinders, a tig welder and a good sharp set of step bits then of course it's cheaper to make it yourself.

I made my own with weld less I bought at HHQ in Richardson. I do have a plasma cutter though. HHQ will do it for you too.

Considering you can do it yourself weldless. I'd say no. I make them and get the keg shell for $30,

Ah, but see... there's the major stumbling block. Most people probably don't have a go-to place where they can get a keg for $30. There generally hard to find at all, let alone for that price.

130 without the thermo or BV is a little much. I wouldn't pay more than 75 for it.

yeah, I wouldn't pay that for it considering you can get an aluminum pot for much cheaper.

yeah, I wouldn't pay that for it considering you can get an aluminum pot for much cheaper.

Well... that's true, but the question is "is a 15.5 gallon stainless kettle with welded fittings worth xxx", so the price of aluminum is kind of irrelevant.

$75 is a good price. $110 is not.

Back