Pre-NHC get together in honor of Yoop leaving the UP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I get this PM... "I'm crashing your party" Yoop announced she'll be in town the Tuesday before NHC (June 15th) She's stopping by for a beer. So if she's crashing a party... there better be a party to crash right? I figure there are more than a few local HBT members (or others visiting that would like to meet other HBT'rs... including Yoop) So here's an impromptu invitation...

Announcing: Pre-NHC get together in honor of Yoop leaving the UP!
When: Tuesday 15 June, 3pm till?
Where: my place, N.St. Paul, Mn
I've got 8 taps so if you want to bring a keg feel free. I'm low on HB myself, but I'll stock up on some local flavor... otherwise, stop by one of our local stores and grab a sixer...

Locals who have been to my place before, just stop on by. Everyone else PM for directions
Hope to see you there.
Cheers!
-john

P.S. Yoop said she can't be hung over the next day, so I'll be taking bets on her B.A.C. at the time of her departure.... she can't avoid the hangover.

Sounds like fun. Sorry to report that I can't make it that day. Take lots of pictures, and let me know how it goes. Sorry to miss you all!

KIDDING! I'll be there, and I'll try to bring some beer. I will NOT drink too much. I'm driving and I have already paid for my tours the next day, so I'm going to behave myself. But, I promise to drink my share and bring a few jokes.

I sure hope a few of us can get together! It'll be great meeting more of my "imaginary friends" face to face!!!!!!!

Oh, sure, Yoop can visit people out of state, but she can't make it to the Predators' first brewday of 2010!

Now I see where we rank.

Oh, sure, Yoop can visit people out of state, but she can't make it to the Predators' first brewday of 2010!

Now I see where we rank.

Oh, listen here 'mr. "now I see that ladies can brew"'. I drove 500 miles each way last time, and this is the thanks I get?!?! Oh, sure. Sure. (That and I was busy this time, but I hope to go next time! :D)

Oh, and Minneapolis is only about 300 miles or so for me! ;)

Ok, ok. I admit that perhaps I used a poor choice of words. What I meant to say was thanks to Rachael and Sarah (sp?) for "demonstrating" to us that ladies can brew. A lot of women aren't interested in the technical nature of brewing. I don't remember see you actually brewing the last time.

But if you still think I don't believe ladies can brew as good as the guys, feel free to send me a few more samples of your own work...

Just a reminder bump,

See ya soon Yoop!

Only 12 days away now!!!!!!!

Could you PM me your contact info, and directions? I'll check into the Sheraton first, then head over! I can't wait. It's going to be a great conference, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and so many other HBT'ers.

If my flight gets in on time, I'll do my best to get there.
PM with info please.

I will be bringing Pliny The Elder with me. :tank:

I have it on the calendar and will be there unless something more important then drinking beer comes up. (I'll be there)

Yoop, are you flying solo or is your hubby coming along??? I need to know so I can decide whether to just put down a slip -n- slide, or plastic off the whole back yard.... "debauchery" ...really?

Yoop, are you flying solo or is your hubby coming along??? I need to know so I can decide whether to just put down a slip -n- slide, or plastic off the whole back yard.... "debauchery" ...really?

I will be a single lady from Tuesday until Sunday! Bob never goes to this things. He thinks the conference is "boring"! I don't understand- how can beer be boring? Anyway, I'll be traveling alone without a DD so I have to behave.

If Mr. Taint Chicken is in, maybe we'll arrange to come together.

I will be a single lady from Tuesday until Sunday! Bob never goes to this things. He thinks the conference is "boring"! I don't understand- how can beer be boring? Anyway, I'll be traveling alone without a DD so I have to behave.

If Mr. Taint Chicken is in, maybe we'll arrange to come together.

I REALLY want to use this for my sig line. But I just can't bring myself to do it...

Yoop said she'd be here around 5 or so... I'll be out in the brewery as early as 3... anyone is welcome to join us!

Oh, and I'll try to bring some chevre and crackers. Is there anything else I can bring?

(Notice I take the high road here for the first time in my life and just ignore Homercidal's comment...................)

Oh, and I'll try to bring some chevre and crackers. Is there anything else I can bring?

(Notice I take the high road here for the first time in my life and just ignore Homercidal's comment...................)

we all have our moments of genius... oh and nah... we've got all we need... just bring your self and your sense of humor... I've got cornys standing by just in case you want to do an updated photo!

Admit it. It WOULD make a very funny sig line.

I decided not to use it because I've already used so many of your quotes. I don't want you to think I'm stalking you or something.

And you know how we always name our beers? Well, I was thinking you could do that with your cheese! Specifically, Chevre-Olay!

Thank you, thank you! I'm here all week! :mug:

good times

prenhc.jpg

Glad to hear it Yoop, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself tonight. we will definitely have to get together to brew... and soon!
enjoy your weekend!

Back