Python Recipe Creator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezzieyguywuf

Reaction score
Hello all! I've thrown together a simple recipe creator using python that satisfies my preferred work flow: using vim and command-line utilities. The input is a human-readable text file (I arbitrarily use a .conf extension) and the output is directly to the command-line, though you can redirect to a file if you wish. See the github repository here for some sample outputs.

I've licensed this source code under the GPLv3 and have made it publicy available via the above link. I don't have any time to really develop it further, because it does the bare bones basics that I wanted it to. I thought I'd reach out to the greater homebrewtalk.com community, though, to gage any interest for growing this further.

So, anyone interested in growing this project at all?

cheers! :mug:

Gotta love the programming work, but I think a regular person would have easier time using excel etc.But nevertheless, If anyone has time they should try it.
---
Overall code is pretty clean, some vars I think should have better names(For example in line 91 using better names, would not require commenting what the variables are and the code would be more readable) .Other than that, good job!

Hey, thanks for checking it out! I do realize that most people prefer some kind of GUI: it's why I couldn't find something that works for me available. I know brew target is a popular open source offering, but it's still not conducive to the work flow I like to use.

I'm going to cross post this on red dit, see if I can't get any bites there.

Cheers!

Back