Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got one pound, but I bought it to show my rights as a Mercan to buy things that I don't need! If you are in need, and Bill is cool with the late switch up in organization, I could let go of it

Hey Bill are you ok if I pick up ThirstT's pound of Goldings? If so I'll arrange to pay him directly to make it easy on you.

jmg727 said:
Hey Bill are you ok if I pick up ThirstT's pound of Goldings? If so I'll arrange to pay him directly to make it easy on you.

What ever you guys work out. As always we are doing the honor system.

Jmg....dont forget this is a public forum, you might want to take your email address off tge thread and send a pm to thirsT.....would hate to see you get leveled with a ton of useless spam or anything. :mug:

homebrewfrank said:
Jmg....dont forget this is a public forum, you might want to take your email address off tge thread and send a pm to thirsT.....would hate to see you get leveled with a ton of useless spam or anything. :mug:

Thanks. Good idea. Done.

Hey ThirstT, email me at and let me know if I can send funds through Paypal etc.

Payment sent, all is good to go. As I am taking Ghoti up on his offer to bring them back this way for me, he'll only need to bring 1 Saaz, 2 Simcoe, 2 Zythos, and 1 Warrior for me. I'm hoping that littering the board with that info helps out the crew who is doing all of the work at Bill's this week.

If you log into the main URL and look at your completed group buy you should see the UK East Goldings on your order. Bill's spreadsheet was not updated.

Here is who's orders I am bringing back from Bill's. Please let me know if I am missing someone, or if you no longer need me to pickup your order.

trider
brewenstein
Cyclogensis
ThirstT
FourSeasonAngler
FermentedTed

Jgrove10 said:
Bill, are you planning to be around on Saturday for hops pickup?

Yes, but for a short while. Maybe a couple of hours only.

Bill, two questions:

(1) How do we get an address/directions? Would you be able to put it in the shared Google doc or on the group buy database?

(2) What is the best way to coordinate pickup times with you? I'm planning on coming down Thursday, but I can adjust my schedule to your convenience.

Thanks! :mug:

I am available to pick up on Wednesday after 3:00. The rest of the week sucks until Saturday. I may be able to convince my wife to cover kid chauffeur duty on Friday though.

It would be good to know what pickup days/times work best. And location of course.

I work in the ravenswood/Lincoln square area and could probably pick up hops for those northside people who have schedule problems. You'd then pick up from me at work or we could work something else out.

Doug

dbrewski said:
It would be good to know what pickup days/times work best. And location of course.

I work in the ravenswood/Lincoln square area and could probably pick up hops for those northside people who have schedule problems. You'd then pick up from me at work or we could work something else out.

Doug

I live just north of ravenswood. If I can't make it there I will definitely take you up on that. And vice versa too.

Let us separate and package everything then we can figure out the timing of the pick ups. I will keep everyone posted.

For trip planning purposes Bill's shop is roughly Cicero & Armitage .

I can ferry for anyone in the NW burbs (rt 53 & rt 14) but it'll be tough for me to be around my house at a decent hour till Saturday. Sunday is also pretty shot due to Q's big one year bash.

OK here is my updated list of folks whose hops I am bringing out to the Naperville area.

trider
brewenstein
Cyclogensis
ThirstT
FourSeasonAngler
FermentedTed
kmarley
mwandrusz

Here is my current pick up list. Let me know if there are anyone I left off, or should not pick up. If I don't hear anything then your hops will be in Naperville.

itrider
brewenstein
Cyclogensis
ThirstT
FourSeasonAngler
FermentedTed
kmarley
mwandrusz
Face Eater

Bill-

I noticed that the spreadsheet no longer lists the difference between what I (over)paid and what was owed (ahtanum) got cancelled.

Was the difference returned via paypal, or will you be distributing cash?

Ghoti will be picking up for me, so I wanted to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

Ha, I thought this area sounded familiar. Bill I bought some corny kegs from you off Craigslist in April and came to your shop to get them. Small world!

:mug:

I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you.

Bill-

I noticed that the spreadsheet no longer lists the difference between what I (over)paid and what was owed (ahtanum) got cancelled.

Was the difference returned via paypal, or will you be distributing cash?

Ghoti will be picking up for me, so I wanted to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

not sure what happened but I just sent you the difference. Thanks.

Should we make our unofficial brew club official? It's up to you guys...

I would like a brew club that was full of other people who buy the same stuff I do. Bill you said their were others who road motorcycles? Anyone want to do the toys for tots motorcycle run this Weekend?

Is there anyone on the southwest side of chicago/midway airport area that will going to the hop pickup that would do me a favor and pick up my hops. If so please PM me. Thank you

ok. hops have been broken down, weighed and packaged. I'll be around tomorrow afternoon from 1-3 pm. Thursday I'm not sure yet. Friday should be all day. Saturday from 9am-12pm.

Bill if your OK with me stopping by at 1pm/Wed, I'll text you when I am on the move.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back